Official LSU v Ole Miss 2009 Game Thread; 2:30pm; CBS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Nov 17, 2009.

1. LSUgris-gris

LSUgris-gris Founding Member

I have done the "help Mac pack" and "U-Haul for Stovall" and I am not ready to dump Miles. I'll give hime one more year. Tonight was a coaching problem and a qb who might never evolve to greater things. I'm still waiting, but next year is it. Don't jump ship yet!

2. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Fuk Up Even More..where have you been

3. ALABAMAKNIGHT

ALABAMAKNIGHT Freshman

I have never posted before and never blame coaches for alot, but today was inexcusable. Miles needs to go and take Crowton with him. They are stealing money from Louisiana. LSU can no longer put up with this type of stupidity.

4. epishock

epishock Freshman

I love my Tigers....but Miles let the players down. They by all accounts except the score won that game. This will cost the university millions in a lesser bowl. Worst yet, was Miles had no answer when he was asked why he tried to spike the ball...he himself said there was no time for that...and yet that is what he did.

Sad, sad day for LSU. Losing to the #1 and #2 team is one thing, losing to Ole Miss?

He needs to step up and take the blame on his shoulders...it is the ONLY way out. Even then it may be too late for him.

I wish we had Saban back.....

5. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

One of the reasons I love your team is that they never quit. Even when they are not in position to win they are never out of it. I guess that is why this game is so hard to take. You didn't lose because you quit, you lost because you were not prepared to take advantage of what you do so well, and that is to finish.

6. TammanyTiger50

TammanyTiger50 Founding Member

That was the worst display of game-time coaching I've seen in my life. There is NO excuse for:

1. calling a play that even RISKS losing yardage when you're already in field goal range.
    2. letting the clock run down to 9 seconds before calling timeout.
    3. not having your field goal team ready to get on the field
    4. not having 2 plays called IN CASE what happened would happen

And while JJ has some great skills, he has NO "football sense". Let me count the ways:

1. He can't recognize and react to a blitz
    2. He has no idea what the play clock is used for
    3. He can't understand when to pitch or hold the ball on an option
    4. He doesn't know that you can't spike the ball with 1 second on the clock and expect to have time to run another play

There is no excuse for any of these things to occur at this level of football and especially on a team with this level of talent. What a waste.

I hate to say this, but the way this was handled and the reactions of Miles on the sidelines make me wonder if this was just his way of making it easier for him to leave for Michigan... Who knows? :angryfire

7. generic

generic Freshman

Right after the game on the sideline when the sportscaster asked him what happened, I don't understand why Miles didn't just admit he was a moron. What was he thinking? Why was Special Teams not ready to run on the field. What was he talking to his team about during the previous timeouts? This is college football, the head coach runs the entire game, the play calls don't rest with the QB; why was he not yelling, running on the field, or doing whatever it took to get the special teams on the field and the offense off the field at the end of the game!!!

8. mcstraycat

mcstraycat Founding Member

Are you guys saying that perhaps those last few plays were not a quality effort? Certainly the results were not quality.

How can anyone listen to Miles talk for more than 60 seconds and think he has any degree of intelligence? How could you watch the end of this game and think he has any degree of intelligence?

What he has had is a golden horse shoe up his ass. And luck will only take you so far.

9. N.C.Tiger

N.C.Tiger We push snow in Style

[You better believe Saban's script writers will be using it when he invades Louisiana.[/quote]

We gotta keep the recruits coming in and if we continue doing this kinda stuff we wont get caliber players. :geaux:
    Had to watch the end at in-laws house and wish I didnt. It might just be me ,but a 3 loss season at one time was great and now Im just plain sick feeling. I dont know ,I dont know, WOW:huh::huh:

10. generic

generic Freshman

Exactly, why did he run two plays that could lose them yardage? Miles is the play caller, how could he not be aware of the situation? They should have just tried the field goal on first down!

The players do the impossible by recovering the onside kick, then their coach completely lets them down. Shame.