Official LSU v Ole Miss 2009 Game Thread; 2:30pm; CBS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Nov 17, 2009.

1. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

out of curiosity would you be bitching if miles and crowton decided to just run it once they got into FG range and then missed it from 50? that's obviously rhetorical because you, and everyone else calling for Miles' head would be yelling "why the eff did he just run the clock. a 50 yard fg is far from makeable. God miles and crowton are morons... blah blah...."

Yes, miles made a horrible decision to not call a TO and then to not have the FG team lined up and ready to go. Bad calls happen and I am pissed about it. But to say that miles needs to be fired because of it is crazy. Most people expected us to go 9-3 this year and for Ole Piss to finish ahead of us. Guess what, that's exactly what will happen and it's not the end of the world.

Jefferson was obviously still bothered by his ankle during the game (as could be seen whenever he would take off to run he would fall immediately when he saw an Ole Piss player) and our receivers had a case of the drops. In all honesty we shouldn't have even been in a position to win that game Ole Piss completely outplayed us but we were and we lost. It's time to regroup and get ready for the R-Kansas game next saturday and look forward to roasting them

2. Bayouuu

Bayouuu Freshman

Can't beat spiking the ball with 1 second on the clock, that is the stupidest play i have ever seen in my life.

3. TammanyTiger50

TammanyTiger50 Founding Member

No, because I was saying here to just give it to Ridley a couple of times and we get a little closer or he even breaks one. In that situation you don't risk sacks or other plays that get you out of field goal range.

This one is all on the coaches.

4. edwardlandry

edwardlandry Freshman

O.K. I'm now on the bandwagon. Not only fire Miles, but throw out the offensive coordinator. Facing a team that's blitzing almost every down, they wait until two minutes in the game to finally throw a screen pass that just about sets up a game-winning field goal. Then what do they do???? Only need 5-7 yards to kick the field goal. I don't know if you noticed, but the receivers were going down into the endzone on every play while Jefferson gets sacked. Why not run??? Why not a quick slant for 7-8 yards???? Neither were tried!!!!! And why not have the field goal team ready to go out at the end? If you have time to snap the ball to down it, you can snap it to the holder. AND, again and again I ask why Sheppard is not allowed to throw a single pass all year?? It would keep the linebackers honest and open up runs for him. And with only one yard to go for the 2 points to tie, why not put Sheppard in so that you have both the pass and run threat??? They knew Jefferson wasn't going to run with his injured ankle!!! It was so obvious that LSU was outcoached. That's why they do so poorly at the beginning of the second half every game. Get rid of the bums!!!!!!!

5. MFn G I M P

yea because i believe that. no matter how miles did it (And he did it the wrong way) he was going to get blamed if LSU didn't score. If he runs it a couple times to center it up and we kick a 52 yard FG and it's missed the complaint is "Dammit, why does Miles have this Big 10 mentality where you can just run it over and over and then miss a FG god I can't wait for him to go back to Michigan or at least get fired."

If he passes it like he did and then doesn't call the timeout (again a horrible, inexcusable decision) then we know what the complaint is.

Yes Miles deserves blame for this loss. As does Crowton. As does Chavis. Every single person on the coaching staff deserves blame for this loss. We were completely outmanned by Ole Piss and never should have been in a position to win anyway with the way we played.

6. LSUFan2000

LSUFan2000 Veteran Member

MF well put and thank you. You are a true fan not a wanna be like most of the disgraceful people that claim to be LSU fans. Some people think if we dont go 12/0 every season and play perfect that Les is an idiot and should be fired. Shows how trashy our fan base is. Dont even get me on last week and the booing. However I do have to correct 1 thing. We did not have a TO left which is why it was not called. As far as Jefferson he sucks he has sucked all season. He should not be starting and that needs to change. This game was lost b.c of Jefferson and his inefficent ways not b.c of 1 bad bad bad mistake/call from the HC. We also have got to get rid of Crowton at the end of the season he is just not up to par. Lets go out and pull for the Tigers next week and send the seniors off in style the way it should be. Lets also show some class and act like adults which I hope to see. GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. LSUFan2000

LSUFan2000 Veteran Member

Tammy so its Miles fault that Jefferson is a dumbass and cant throw the ball away takes sakes and has no clue. lol you are clueless and a hater. Please give up your tickets LSU as a school football team and as the BR community do not need trash fans like yourself.

8. MFn G I M P

I meant a TO after the 3rd down play, instead of letting it run down to 9 seconds.

And yes, some will say I'm a sunshine pumper (i know my friends think so) but we are exactly where most people thought we would be, 9-3 with losses to #1 Florida, a bullcrap loss to #2 Alabama and a close loss to Ole Piss. We will beat Arkansas next week then we will kill whoever we play in a bowl. Miles will get a new OC in the offseason and next year we will be in the hunt.

Hell, we were in the hunt almost the whole season even with injuries and a horrid offense. I'm not too worried about the future

9. arklasecfan

arklasecfan Freshman

Miles is not as bad as you guys think. He kept LSU in some games this year by his conservative play. But the SEC west is moving away from conservative play. Except for Alabama the rest of the west is about even talent wise. The difference is LSU is stagnant while Bama, Ole Miss, Ark & even Auburn are going to more dynamic offenses. Star recruits will go to these schools. They want to score. If LSU doesn't change their stripes to a fast cheetah instead of a lumbering tiger their heyday is over. :yelwink2:

10. knucklehead

knucklehead Freshman

:mad: Les Miles and all of his incompetent coaching staff HAVE TO GO...Our Defence gave up more than 250 yards in the first half. This Indian Idiot is a Moron, and knows nothing about defence. Gary Crowton has his head so far up his Ars, that he can't see the sunshine. Do you guys realize the saleries that we are paying these MORONS. Was anyone impressed with Les Miles in his post game interview with the CBS folks? Curley Hallman made a better impression. We're as good as we'll get with Les, Doesn't anyone notice a yearly decline? OMG how good does SABIN look now?