Official LSU v Ole Miss 2009 Game Thread; 2:30pm; CBS

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by PodKATT, Nov 17, 2009.

1. generic

generic Freshman

Please. Don't start placing blame on the athletes. Football is a strategic game played by the coach. Poor calls were made after the amazing onside kick recovery. Yes, Jefferson lacks a certain degree of pocket awareness, so why would plays be called sending the receivers long? Short plays up the yard for field goal range were needed, especially with the tight coverage in the situation. The play calls after the onside kick felt like they were going for a touchdown, not a field goal. Fans are justified in getting upset when millions are pumped into a head coach who lacks the organizational ability to properly run a ranked football team. Losing is a reality, but losing because of organizational incompetence is not acceptable.

2. Bayouuu

Bayouuu Freshman

They were in fg range, run the ball twice and kick a field goal, simple.

3. LSU08STI

LSU08STI Freshman

Your going to criticize fans when they get mad at the coach. Call us bad fans. Call us trash even. Tell us to give up our season tickets. Then your going to bad mouth our QB and OC. You my friend are no better than the rest of us. HYPOCRITE.

Fans should be fired up over this stuff. We all have a right to our own opinion.

I feel like the whole team failed the fans on this one. I personally blame the coaches more so than the players.

4. TammanyTiger50

TammanyTiger50 Founding Member

Hang on a second. Did I call anybody names? Did I trash talk the team or the school? You apparently pick and choose what you want to read. Go back a couple of posts and see my entire post. An entire section is dedicated to JJ's lack of football sense. What did I say that was hating? I've been the biggest apologist for Miles for the last 2 years and for JJ this year. But I just see another implosion coming - and primarily due to the coaching.

I've been a lifelong Tiger Fan and I'm an LSU grad. For 50 years, I've seen plenty good and bad, and my support of the school has never wavered. Those boys played their tails off today, and their pure athletic ability (and some luck) enabled them to have a chance to win the game. Unfortunately, poor play calling, time management and general coaching prevented them from doing that.

5. tony-lejune

tony-lejune Freshman

i have written a petition to fire miles call me at 562-7948 if you want to join the coalition tony lejune

6. tony-lejune

tony-lejune Freshman

337-562-7948 tony lejune to fire miles

7. 1secondleft

1secondleft Freshman

I am a Rebel, talk about sore losers. Calling for your coaches head? You lost to a damn good team. You had no time left. Our defence ran the clock out HOTTY DAMN TODDY! Two Years And Counting hahahajah

8. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

27 seconds left and we called a timeout with 9 seconds and the reason for the disappointment in the head coach. Not that difficult to understand.

9. charlie_c0756

charlie_c0756 Founding Member

1secondleft, we're not all idiots here. Seems that on gameday, all the knuckledragging idiots come outta the woodwork. They'll never like a coach or approve of him unless LSU blows out all oponents. Ole Miss brought it and won the game. Good luck to you guys. We'll get you next year. Peace.

10. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

can't believe i'm agreeing with a hog! :eek: