Official LSU/Vandy Basketball Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 5, 2005.

1. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Never thought that the words SEC West Champ (or Co-Champ) and this team would geaux together this year. They have put on quite a performance with ugly and pretty wins.

Don't stop it now, keep it rolling boys.

[​IMG]

2. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

And I'm not gonna complain about the absence.

3. Jeffinbama

Jeffinbama Founding Member

he is suffering from carpal tunnel (sp) from all his blowhard long and boring escapades of his beyond hatred of our coach, who by the way will get an extension as well as a well deserved raise for his accomplishments this season.. He is going to look like the girl who turned into a blueberry in Willie wonka and eventually explode when this news comes out.

Tiebreaker in the west is as follows:

Head to head- Split with bama
    West Division Record- Bama lost only to us. We lost to Bama and Arkansas. That was the tiebreaker.
    Had we both lost, it would have gone to head to head with MSU of which we would have swept.

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If we hadn't dropped that damn Tennessee game... then we would have won it outright... but what can u do.

5. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Great game by Hudson, when he is shooting the ball with confidence he can shoot it with the best of them. Hopefully it will carry over to the post season, if it does the tigers will be tough.

6. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

I can feel the madness.

7. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Man what a great game today. It was a good excited crowd at the PMAC. After the start of the game, it kinda took them a while to really get into it. But, once the Big Baby got taken down and his mom got fired up and so did Brady, the place was rockin the rest of the way. The officiating on both ends sucked. Those guys were terrible. I dont think the big baby incident was intentional or anything but not calling a foul was horrible. Darrell Mitchell feel down on his own. Actually, he went up and i think just collided with someone, he didnt get pushed. Hudson was awesome. What a way to go out for him. The start of the second half was about as poorly as the Tigers have played recently. But, Brady, seeing that Tack wasnt getting it done, made the move to put in Whip and it worked out great. Whip was good on his senior day. As always, Tack showed that he's good somedays and not so good on others. But, he stayed up beat on the bench and cheered for the team and all that. I thought it was uncalled for for him to drop the ball for Hudson to kick it at the end. That was stupid. But, what can you say, its Tack. What a run for the Tigers. It's ashame that any Tiger fan had to miss this great run. But, it's not over yet, looking forward to both tourneys.

8. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

If you watch the replay, Mitchell had his legs kicked out from under him... you may not have seen it being at the game, but I sure did.

9. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

What happened to Hudson? I dont remember hud being involved in anything. Of course I just might have missed it. But I mean, basketball is a physical game. Maybe Baby hitting the deck was blown out of proportion b/c he as fine. The biggest issue is that no foul was called. I understand basketball is a physical game and stuff happened. It just looked like a hard foul. But thats the point, it was a foul. But, there was no call. Those officials stunk. Fortuneatly, baby and mitch were alright after those falls. Damn did the big baby's mom go nuts or what? Shes like Daddy Dale coming out to break up the Fight versus Tenn. They wouldnt let her on the floor. Yet, CT got on the floor.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

It was Mitchell... my bad brain fart. When he hit hard toward the end of the 2nd half. Vandy player can be seen stationary and when Mitchell jumped he kicked his right leg out and took out Mitchell's legs.