Official LSU/Vandy Basketball Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Mar 5, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Ya I really couldnt tell. Looked like he just fell down. If it was the case then thats def wrong. But, the Big Baby "no call" was something that shoulda been called but it was in no way a "cheney-esque" incident. I think most of the uproar came from the fact that there was no call. I coulda swore JB was gunna get a Tech. I'm really surprised that he didnt. I dont know, but I think Big Baby's mom is funny as hell to watch. But, shes absolutely rediculous. I understand that BB hit the floor hard, but jeez, she overreacted. Then she has to have security hold her back. I dont want to sound to neg bout her b/c I dont know if she has problems or what, but shes absolutey crazy. I remember her at all the U High games. I think she'd been thrown out of some. But, the no call on Baby is part of the game. There are always hard fouls and that just wasnt called so it was a lot worse then what it was. Trust me though, I was going nuts at the time.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Argh, I wish I had seen Big Baby Mama come out of the stands! Does he take after her, physically? If so, they may want to consider bolstering security come tourney time!

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Shes actually somewhat tall but very thin. So its not like the "big momma" name they give her fits her. Shes just flat out crazy. Its amazing that he's turned out to be the nice guy he his with her as a mom. She is absolutey nuts. But, her whole section seems to love her. I hated to see him go down but I also understand that it happens in the game of basketball. Sometimes when a 300+ guy goes in the air, what else can a guy do but foul him? I still think its horrible that no foul was called, but without seeing the replay, I cant be certain on wheter it was dirty or not. I think the main problem is that the BS calls at the other end right after it. Could anyone else imagine what Daddy Dale woulda said after this one? " I cant protect my big man, so were not playing in the SEC tourney!!" I know its a stretch, but I'd be willing to bet he woulda bolted on the floor at that point. Also, I found it funny that when DM went down, JB went out there and all he asked was " gold ball ref?" and then went back. This isnt to say he didnt care about DM but i just found it funny.

4. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Agree that it was hardly a flagrant foul, but it should have been called. No way should Big Baby's mom have gotten that angry about the situation.

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Def not. I do agree that it was a foul, but didnt look flagrant. It's just part of the game. But, the baby's mom is nuts. He has to be embarassed. But also, it is her son so I mean she had a right to be worried. Also, one day that will be her money maker. Hopefully not anytime soon for the LSU fans sake, but in the future it will be.

6. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

The officiating was pretty bad but it was nowhere near as bad as that old blind ref for the Bama game! Who was that guy anyways???

7. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

I assume you're joking.....

:angryfire :angryfire :angryfire John Clougherty :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire

John has been calling games since Jesus was in 3rd grade.

If you've followed LSU(which I believe you have) for more than a few years YOU KNOW who John Clougherty is........ :po:

:lsup:

8. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

clougherty is the worst offical ever. He's flat out horrible. Those guys today though missed a lot of calls.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I know exactly who he is, yes. Thanks. I was in the top row and could not make out his face. That man has definitely "left his mark" on countless SEC games over the years...........

If you look at some of the Bama game posts, you will see that I was so excited to get to the game, I forgot to set it to record on tivo.. So I never got to see the officials on tv either.

Calm down lil guy! :hihi:

10. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Tony Greene and John Clougherty exchange viewpoints after Greene overruled Clougherty on a call.

[​IMG]

You mean you are going to overrule a call I made? On tv? Right now? How dare you question me!