Official LSU vs. Auburn Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Oct 13, 2007.

1. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

LSU 27
    API 13

I think the key is to not let Auburn get the running game going, and hope we can remind Cox of the first part of the season. I think both can happen.

2. AUin06

AUin06 Freshman

AU 37

LSU 14

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Wow, first thought of mine is that I was scared of playing Auburn this week because of our injuries but now it seems like they have quite a bit of their own.

I don't know which way to geaux here because of recent play of both teams.
    Auburn seems to be playing like LSU did the first 3 weeks and LSU seems to be playing like Auburn did the first 3 weeks, (somewhat)
    I believe Tubby is 5-1 vs top ten teams and his teams usually start off slow and then play lights out.

OK
    LSU 21
    AU 20

It depends on injuries for both teams but I could easily see this game going either way depending on injuries and stupid play!

1 person likes this.
  4. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

If we avoid penalties i'm confident we'll come out on top. I'm looking for alot of draws, dumped passes to RBs -- and hopefully an RP deep shot.

Auburn has a banged up defense. We have to keep them on the field. Ball control will win this football game.

5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

I've just had a dull pain in my gut since Saturday, so I have finally worked up the strength to post:

If the coaches change only one thing, I pray that they get penalties under control! :sob:
    Please, no post-play opposing quarterback head slaps, PLEASE!

Amen,
    Fur

6. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I hope it is a great experience for him.

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Just what I've been saying. When we have momentum, keep the players who are providing the momentum in the game.

8. Carface

Carface What the...?

What's taking so long with the posting of the Tuberville farks?

9. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

You cannot use the Arkansas game as a gauge – no matter who their opponent is or was. The mess they had over the spring and summer continues. It has infected the team and the coaching staff as well as the administration and the boosters. There are pro Nutt and anti Nutt factions on the team and within the coaching staff. It is taking a toll on the team and on the performance of the team.

Look at the game.

Auburn has 21 first downs to Arkansas 11.

Auburn had a total of 290 net yards against a defense allowing 342 yards a game.

Arkansas has 10 penalties for 100 yards.

With all of this internal turmoil and these stats, Auburn comes up with a three point win – and the win comes on a field goal with 21 seconds left in the game on a team allowing an average of 23.3 points a game.

My pick

LSU by 10

LSU 28
    Auburn 18

:eek:ldskule:

1 person likes this.
  10. Aubie16

Aubie16 Founding Member

Actually Auburn has won 9 of the last 10 against Top 10 teams under Tuberville. A truly amazing feat. That bodes well for Auburn.

Unfortunately that 1 was against LSU in '05. That bodes well for LSU.

Should be one hell of a game on Saturday. I can't wait. I'll be there in section 642.