Official LSU vs Auburn Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Sep 14, 2008.

1. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Im glad to eat my words about Lee. He came up HUGE when needed. I also want to add, that Scott is real beast. He runs extremely hard.

2. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

I think more than anything this game was a statement that we need to be able to take pressure of our fantastic stable of running backs, now officially led by Charles Scott, if there was ANY doubt before, by throwing downfield. We have recruited recievers that do NOT play like Buster Davis and Early Doucet- we have NFL-caliber recievers who are physical DOWNFIELD. We have to be able to throw the long-ball more, and Lee gives us that option. Not only that, but when he settles... oh snap. Get ready for the secondary to get singed. Looked great out there. Great win. Let's get ready for yet another great SEC defense next week.

Did I just actually make a post about football? Feels weird... been awhile.

3. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

I give the team a lot of credit for coming out that second half and playing like we know they can. I also take back some of what i said about Lee. He still scares me a bit though. Great win by the Tigers. way to break the streak.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Both QB's have a long way to go but Lee did finally make some plays. Charles Scott was great, I'd like to see him once our passing game gets more established and the defense has to back out of the box more. The defense was solid, but the DB;s still have a way to go, too many busted coverages. Overall you can't complain much when you go to AU and pull out a win. Miles had some good quotes on CST after the game, he said that LSU could definitely play better but grew a lot tonight.

5. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

I have not seen it mentioned yet but how about Mr. Dalfrey? Guy really stepped it up with the punting tonight and field position helped us a lot. We may be able to check this area of worry off the list now.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Much, much, much improved!!!!!! And pretty good coverage on punts and kicks also.

7. buckeye78

buckeye78 Founding Member

just wanted to stop by and say congrats for a great win. I feel like the on side kick was the turning point, at least from what I could see while working. other great plays to be sure, but I think Miles calling that was a terrifically agressive and perfectly timed surprise that worked perfectly and allowed them to build on the momentum from the first touchdown.

kudos to the staff, players and fans on a big win!

1 person likes this.
  8. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Well, we went 3 and out after the recovery, but yeah, that's why we love :milesmic:. Thanks for the congrats! Congrats on your win today...looks like you guys found a QB, too.:cool:

9. bugsbost

bugsbost Founding Member

I brought up how we miss RP and I am now ashamed. Thought about handing in my card but, nah, I'll keep it.
    I must say I can not remember a more complete 180 out of a quarterback. Congrats, Lee.

10. tigerdro

tigerdro GEAUX TIGERS!

you might say that....maybe he found his Lesticles. in any case, I do believe Jarrett Lee had a coming out party and we were all lucky enough to be invited!