Official LSU vs Auburn Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Sep 14, 2008.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

On the last play, Kirsten Pittman hit AU's QB at the instant he released the ball and drilled him right on the sidelines. I could just see our semi-annual trip decided on a BS roughing call. Tubby was lobbying HARD for it, but props to the ref for (correctly) keeping the flag in his pockets.

As for the half back pass from KW, it's not that we call those plays. It's the uncanny timing to which Miles/Crowton chooses to use them that make them so effective.

6 straight win against top 10 teams, 4th on the road. Rallied from deficits twice in one of the most hostile environments in the country. I LOVE the way this team stays poised under pressure. That is a direct result of coaching.

I love it!

1 person likes this.
  2. philter

philter Founding Member

heh

3. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

:rofl::lol:

4. JoeReckless

JoeReckless Founding Member

Thanks daveeb and buckeye 78. Looks like both of our teams have found a QB.

5. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Our coaching staff cannot get enough credit for keeping our team focused and instilling in them the REFUSAL to lose. Last night, I wasn't sure we had a the QB to do that anymore, and I could just see this season becoming a disaster.

"Oh, ye of little faith..." Les Miles is THE best coach LSU has ever had--he will be our legend, the one that all others after him must measure up to. Saban who?

6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

That, is a DAMN STRONG TEAM!

I , and I am sure for the majority Tiger fans, had the same feeling at the half that this season is burnt toast:nope:

It just amazes me how adversity can bring out the best in someone; I am glad finally Lee showed us what he is made of. I hope whatever mental blocks he has had up to this point is finally unblocked (like Lafell last year). What a player Lafell has been!

7. MikeDTiger

MikeDTiger Geaux Tigers!!!

LSU vs. Auburn highlights

I made one for GameDay Final and Sports Center, but youtube is being uppity. I'll try again later for that...

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

On the sign of local Cane's:

"Now Serving Fried War Eagle"

1 person likes this.
  9. HogCity Tiger

HogCity Tiger Founding Member

Wow what a game! :laflagwav
    Another SEC classic! :geaux:
    :helmet:

10. DJM136

DJM136 fubar 24/7

Maybe others already do this. I highly recommend taking the time to read this entire thread and re-live this fantastic win. The comments from the 1st half errors are exactly what I was thinking at the time. Same for the comments as we came back to lead, lost the lead, and came back again to win. Thanks to all the posters in this thread, it was great to re-live every minute.

I remember telling my son "why is Lee in there?" since Hatch was doing ok. I also said "don't let Lee see the field again!" after the horrible pick six. Funny how I was thinking after the game that fate (Hatch's injury) forced Lee back into the game. Teammates told him "we're with you", coaches told him "we need you now, buckle up and play like we know you can". Boy, did he respond. Very happy for him.

Fantastic win on the road.

:lsup: LSU! :LSU231: