Official LSU vs Bama predictions

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 29, 2007.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU 31, Bama 20

I think we have complete control of this game with Bama getting a late cheap TD to make the score respectable. LSU stays ahead of Oregon with a little room to spare in the BCS standings as well (I guess you know my prediction on the Oregon game now).

Ohio State loses to Wisonsin and LSU moves to #2 in the BCS (Oregon #3, Ohio State #4).

2. alextuscaloosa

alextuscaloosa Founding Member

LSU's last couple of games have come down to the last play of the game. I dont have a prediction but i think it'll be closer than some would think. Hey we might win, stranger things have happened this season.

3. offshoretrash

offshoretrash Founding Member

And why do you think this happened? Was it because we played some very good teams? Was it because of the schedule we were beat up and injured?

The answers to both are YES! We will be pretty healthy for the first time in several games and with two weeks rest. Bama is not near as talented as those teams that played us close. I just don't see Bama staying in this one.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

We're going to be as beat up for this game as any other this season, Dorsey knee and Beckwith dislocated shoulder. However if the team plays to its potential it should be a W for the Tigers. My prediction LSU 28-24 but I'm hoping for a complete Tiger mauling and a crushing defeat for Bama. :miles: :miles: :miles:

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I'll call it LSU 27, Bama 17. Another close one, though; not last play, but we'll score a touchdown late in the 4th to finally put them away.

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

LSU 28 - 21

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I'd say that's a solid call. The final score won't reflect what happened in the ball game.

If you take all the hoopla away from the game, I see LSU having the advantage in many of the areas when you compare them head to head. QB to QB and Special teams is about the only area I see Bama having the advantage and the other areas that are close to a push lean LSU's way when you consider the depth.

IF Bama comes out of this game with a W it'll be a huge upset.

If you put the hoopla around this game back into the equation I have to wonder if it extends beyond your fan base and Miles. I can't see it being that strong of a motivating factor in your players minds. I hope, for your sake, that it hasn't been something that Miles has concentrated on for the last week and spends time on this week.

8. Kandjviz

Kandjviz Founding Member

LSU seems to me to be a second half type of team rather than a team that gets going early in the first half like last year's team. I do believe that the game will be close early but LSU's depth come into play in the second half. LSU will score in second half to pull away. :LSU231: 31- Tidey Bowl rollers 17.
    UA players will also be caught up in the hype trying to beat CLM for their new coach. This hype thing goes both ways and doesn't affect just :lsup: fans and coach and players.:helmet: :tigereye: :milesmic:

9. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

There you are mistaken. The UT game has always been a big week around T-town. But very, very little attn. was paid to it being UT week.

Last week, no attention was paid to LSU. The game plan isn't being installed until this week and the attention won't have anything to do with who is on the other sidelines.

You may wish it to be so, but you'd be better off just to let that fantasy go.

10. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I gotta agree with Terry, I can't see the bama players caught up in this hype. In fact, besides some Tiger fans, I really think CLM is the only person who would possibly have something extra to gain by winning.