Official LSU vs Kentucky Pre-Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Oct 7, 2007.

1. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

Bet your azzzzz on one thing...with a pocket passer like UK has, the Tigers "D" will pin thier ears back and bring the heat!!!! Its a defensive linemans dream..."sack time" baby!!!

:helmet::helmet::helmet::helmet:

2. CocksFan41

CocksFan41 Freshman

LSU wins this one no problem.......SC showed everybody else how to do it, put pressure on Woodson and he will make mistakes....With the defense that you guys have that shouldn't have a problem with that....BTW great win over FL and hope to see you in Atlanta.....:thumb:

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Anyone have links to Kentucky forums? (not rivals or socut forums though)

4. BrettStah

BrettStah Tiger Fan

5. Darth Gator

Darth Gator Freshman

What a game! I am still trying to recover!! Thank god for bye-weeks! ha ha ha So since my Gators arent playing this week....GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

I hope you beat the living crap out of Kentucky and remind them of their rightful place....the cellar of the SEC (I dont like UK much....can you tell?)

Again, great game...instant classic...I wish my Gators could have pulled it out in the end, but I still couldnt bring myself to feel too bad.

GEAUX TIGERS!!! BEAT THE KENTUCKY MILDCATS!!!

---Darth Gator

1 person likes this.
  6. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

You beat me to it. I had the same two thoughts: tigers cannot afford to come out flat with the tough emotional Sat. win. Hope they have the emotional toughness to stay focussed for the next two games.

Thought about eye exam for Lafell during the game!

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

BrettStah will be creating all three threads for each game now. I am passing the torch, along with some of my mojo in order to continue the victories.

8. phlashman

phlashman Founding Member

"Props" to da man from Fla..."Thats" a Gatorfan with some class...

GEAUX.......TIGAHZ :helmet:

9. TC

TC Le Big Mac

Kentucky comes out sky high, at home, knowing they can regain national respect and hop right back into the top 10 with an upset of #1.

LSU comes out a little flat. Day game on the road. Inferior opponent. Physically and emotionally drained after Florida. Auburn at night in Tiger Stadium next Saturday.

Kentucky hangs around for a half, though LSU plays not nearly as bad as they did vs. Tulane.

Look for Perrilloux to pass a little bit in this one (if he can finally understand the play clock). Look for Holliday to have more carries. Look for Early to play a few snaps.

Look for Scott and Keiland to rack up the yards in the second half.

Look for LSU to play conservatively in the red zone once they get a comfy lead, so that Colt David gets a few FG attempts and, it is hoped, gets his confidence back.

Chad Jones has a long punt return. Finally some PR production!

LSU 34 Kentucky 20. :geauxtige

10. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Kentucky has the unenviable position of playing us and then Florida back to back after losing to USCe. Their forum is full of "what can we do's".

For example:

Well, from seeing LSU dismantle USC, here are a few things Kentucky will need to focus on:

1) Protect Woodson. You won't BELIEVE how good LSU's defensive lineman are. Based on what I saw from Woodson last night, he's going to be in REAL trouble from LSU. Beware Glenn Dorsey....

2) Find a running game. We COULD NOT make any runs up the middle past their defensive line. At all. Our offensive line was completely dominated. You'll have to try to find room outside the tackles to run the ball (like you did last night) and hope that LSU's ridiculously fast secondary doesn't light your running backs up Emanuel Cook style.

3) STOP LSU's run... somehow. LSU's offensive line manhandled our defensive lineman... they had a huge size advantage on both sides of the line. Their guards created gaping holes for Hester to run through (especially behind their 6'-7" 350ish pound beast of a left guard). Their passing attack was nothing special (granted, they didn't have their best receiver in the game in Early Doucet).

LSU 35 Kentucky 7