Official LSU vs Kentucky Pre-Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Oct 7, 2007.

1. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Oh, by the way, today is Matt Damon's birthday. He's 37. I guess Flynn could get a job as a stunt double if the NFL is not agreeable. :grin:

2. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'd like to think we'll keep Kentucky under 10 points. But if our passing game continues to struggle, Kentucky will be able to keep within striking distance (at least), and then who knows. Kentucky will play proud and if they get some breaks they could very well come out on top. I'm thinking this game will be similar to the S Carolina game. Of course, if the passing game improves, we could blow this game open. Is UK's quarterback a running threat?

3. NELA_Tigerfan

NELA_Tigerfan When's kickoff?

LSU will dominate TOP with a strong running game.
    Our defense could use 3 down lineman and pressure the QB. Our secondary will be able to concentate on their passing game and not worry about the run.
    ...LSU 38-17

4. B1NXT16er

B1NXT16er Freshman

I was sweating so much for the first half of the florida game had to shower at halftime...hope this game is nothing like that, especially after their loss to the gamecocks... hope to see Doucet catch a few ....

LSU 35
    UK 14

GEAUX TIGERS

5. Carface

Carface What the...?

Has anyone here ever made the trip up to Lexington? I ask because this is my first trip there and haven't really come in contact with their fans. Are they good people?

6. The40Acres

The40Acres Founding Member

I've never been there, but going on forums, they seem like cool people. Have fun for those of you going up there.

7. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Kentucky will be fired up for this game. They have a good coach and team this year. We can dominate them if we don't take them lightly. Their QB has not made many mistakes. With all this said they have not played the #1 Defense in the country. I expect the Tigers to roll in the 2nd half 34-13.

Question??? In 2002 our defense let Arkansas receivers get behind us with less then a minute left in the game and scored on a long pass play to win the game. The 2004 season the same thing happen in the Bowl game against Iowa on the last play of the game losing. I noticed how our defense lined up against Florida on the last play and there was no way any Florida player was going to get past our defense. Our defense made sure all Florida receivers stayed in front of our defenders. I still don't get how we lost those two other games. Our defense seems to be better coached this time around.

8. Eq4bits

Eq4bits (Deep East) Texas Tiger

Reading in this mornings paper an article about KY... one of the KY DL fell asleep during the LSU-FL game.. got up the next morning thinking Florida had won.

9. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

Saban's defensive philosophy vs Miles/Pellini.

Saban was always bringing blitzes leaving coverage to man on man or loose zone hoping to limit the QBs time. It worked most of the time but we were susceptible to these big plays. Alabama is experiencing it now.

Pellini has a bend but not break defensive philosophy, counting on the defensive front for pressure and run stops and throwing in blitzes on occasion. That's why we see opponents QBs with a little more time if they are only putting 2 or 3 receivers in the route and using extra pass blockers.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Kentucky is going to have their hands full with LSU. Their defense is pourous and their fine offense hasn't faced a defense like LSU this year.

LSU 38
    Kentucky 13