Official LSU vs Kentucky Pre-Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BrettStah, Oct 7, 2007.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Kentucky's defense is horrible:

Pass D - 7th, 194/ypg
    Rush D - 10th, 183.7
    Total D - 10th, 377.7
    Scoring D - 9th, 24.7

The gameplan will be simple. Run, run, and run some more. When we feel like it, play action pass. Play keep away from Woodson.

If we show up, 42-14.

2. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Are you saying we will have few big plays bust threw their O-line? :D

3. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

I'm assuming those are their rankings IN the SEC? :)

They have a bad D but it has been good enough to win games, I wouldn't count them to give a motivated effort against us. I could see it being like the Tulane game except closer. This is prob UK's biggest home game in ages and they are gonna be motivated to do well especially with 2 extra days of practice. They are coming off a loss like UF, so they are desperate.

Woodson is by far the best QB we will face this year. Not even close, I have a bad feeling that he is gonna pick apart our defense. LSU has a habit of leaving the middle of the field behind the D-line open (Think 2nd half of USCe game) and Woodson likes throwing short passes. However, that all changes if we get pressure on him. That is the key. Force a couple turnovers like South Carolina and we win solidly. Our offense has been ridiculously consistent in scoring points and driving down the field so I have no worries there.
    I just hope our guys aren't worn out from last game.

4. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Yes
    Their offense won games. USC was the only team to slow them down, and they loss. Our defense is much better than USC's.

Yes, they will be fired up to play. But if we're ready to play, it shouldn't be close. I am worried about us being ready to play after the huge Florida win.
    I'd say Tebow is by far the best QB we will face all year. Woodson is a pure pocket passer and will not run. We'll try to pressure him much more than we did with Tebow. Completely different defensive gameplan for him versus Tebow.

5. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

Oh, I already had Tebow blacked out of my mind actually... :grin:
    I meant that Woodson is the best pocket passer we will face in terms of getting to the ball to his receivers and standing tall in the pocket.

6. kcal

kcal Founding Member

listened to the rich brooks radio show last night on 840 am whas....he sounded to me like a man accepting his fate. talked about the "man-child" GD and how powerful the LSU defense was....one of the callers indicated that the S. Carolina D was better than LSU's :confused:. several other callers indicated that our Tigers haven't and won't face another offense like UK's. sounds like their fans are much more optimistic than the coaching staff.

7. Mike in Memphis

Mike in Memphis Old Tiger

LSU - 38

UK - 28

LSU will start slow and UK may actually lead at the end of the 1st quarter, but after that Tigers take the lead, and put it away with a score of 35 to 7 by the end of the third quarter. UK gets two meaningless scores in the fourth quarter. No Blue Grass Miracle needed for LSU and no Blue Grass Miracle for UK. UK Coach Brooks doesn’t make it to the locker room in time and actually vomits on the field as he remembers the Wildcats face Florida next.

Seriously, this game worries me more than Auburn. It not so much that LSU will take the Wildcats lightly or overlook them – it’s a combination of Kentucky playing hard against us historically and we have the No. 1 ranking and targets on our chest and our back. But that comes with the No. 1 ranking and the team will have to be able to deal with it and rise to the occasion if they we are going to win the Crystal Ball. Also, I still have nightmares about those damn purple pants – and I still hear the announcer calling out “first down Kentucky”. :shock:

:eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

8. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

I think that yUK will get their yardage in short passes early on but LSU will up the pressure toward the end of the game that will cause pics and much pain for their QB.

I think we come out with a balanced attack at first and then move to the running game and squash them.

LSU 38
    yUK 17

9. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

Is Ky so vastly improved from last year when we beat them 49-0? I know, I know...they're ranked:shock: ...and have only lost 1 game...but they have only played one good team IMHO. They're overrated, mainly because they beat
    overrated Arky and Louisville teams that have since been recognized as such. They are for the most part one dimensional...a pocket passing team. Wonder how long that pocket will be a safe place for Woodson to inhabit? They do have good recievers...and we have Steltz. Advantage us.:thumb: They can't really stop the run...and we excel in rushing the football. Advantage us.:thumb: Thus...LSU 37 Ky 13 :geauxtige

10. BigWee_TEAMKATT

BigWee_TEAMKATT Victory for LSU!!!

This game pretty much comes down to execution and being "game ready." We cannot afford to come out flat and let them get an early TD to get the crowd really into it.

Offensively, I think we might try to take some shots downfield early (no pun intended), with our running game eventually wearing KY down.

Defensively, LSU needs to play with a chip on their shoulder this week. After dominating on defense the first three games of the season, the defense has taken a couple of licks here and there since. It's think it's time to prove that our defense is the best against a more than formidable offense on the road.