OFFICIAL LSU vs. KY-JELLY THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Jean Lafitte, May 6, 2005.

1. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

Tigers up one game to zip. Win one of the next two and take the series!

Is it too much to ask for a LSU SWEEP?

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

no its not. after losing to Southern U this week, I demanded it which I never do. i never expect a sweep yet since they listen to me for being a season ticketholder forever, i figured they owed me.

that being said, consider it done.

Also, Moo U beat Bama 7-3 so LSU is tied for first in the west. Our rightful place.

3. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

great comeback tonite. With Dirks and Smith's pitching this season, consider the sweep a very big possibility. One note: i did talk to ryan patterson tonight and when i asked him about his leg, he said it is still bothering him but he's gotta keep fighting through it. He said he's about 80-85%. Q made a nice catch in right and we can't bunt still. Determann is still in a form to be a possibly all-american. He's a great, humble guy too. WOW, Kentucky has a lot of lefty batters. nice play by the infield, and the umps were consistently horrible against lsu. Should have had kentucky blue on. Anyways, we won w/ our worse pitcher as of late (mestey) against the worst team in the SEC, so lets take the brooms out fella's!:tigbas: :lsup: :geauxtige LSU!

4. Carface

Carface What the...?

This was the first LSU baseball game that I went to. Major comeback from our guys... COINCIDENCE? I think not.

5. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You must have missed that great bunt by Jackson...

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We were very lucky. Ky errors gave us much needed runs. Their starter brought his "A" game for probably the first time in his freaking career. He's got an ERA of 6 and he looked like Clemens for the 1st 4 innings. Still, looks like Mestepay is finding his groove and Bama and Florida are hitting their slumps. Stavinoha is killing the ball and the defense has improved. Never count out the baseball Tigers.

7. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I agree completely about the pitcher. I couldn't believe how well a guy with almost a 6 ERA was mowing us down. Keep in mind that guy in RF was making unreal plays and robbing us (especially Gill's almost double at the start of the game). With respect to the Southern loss, I hope everyone sees how important it is for Chris Jackson to be in the lineup and defensively. As for Lane being out of the woods, lets see how he does against a top SEC team like Tennessee who I heard has a pretty good pitcher on Friday's.

8. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Give Lane his kudo's for battling hard again, don't wait till after the UT game. He is a tremendous, proud competitor. From the looks of it all he needs to do is find is grove a tad earlier so he doesn't walk people without groving the ball like he did vs Ole Miss. I think he's almost there.

SabanFan is right, we were a little lucky last night, although errors are why most teams have beat UK so much this season. We kind of unlucky though with repsect to that pitcher having probably his best performance of the season vs us. His SEC ERA was almost 8 I believe going into this game.

Funny how Patterson carries us the first half of the season and now Stavi is carrying us now. I feel really good about the first 5 batters in the order. Mayer is hitting the ball hard, Luizza is making good contact. Keep on coming Tigers.

9. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

no...i should have said with the exception of the jackson bunt.

10. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I prefer to say, with the exception of that missed opportunity, we bunted well today. It's all in your outlook. :thumb: