Official LSU vs. Tennessee Game 3 Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by mrx, Apr 9, 2006.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

That's because you don't follow LSU baseball. If you did you'd know that Olvey and the rest of the team had the flu at Kentucky and that fscked up the rotation. Also that Olvey needs a full week of rest and would not have been able to go Friday or Saturday. He hoped to throw him about 80-90 pitches to get ready to go next friday, but it looks like that is definitely out of the question.

2. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Anything could happen. I expect to see a large crowd at the game Friday night as well. This team is capable of beating anyone. A Marine friend of mine once told me that the moment you become afraid is the moment that you're most vulnerable and are likely to get killed. Yeah, it's common sense, but none the less, it rings true.

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

My bad on the first point, I did not know that. Still, there is no reason for him to throw 150 pitches.

4. clair

clair Rockets

I don't want to sound like a pro-scrappy, because I am not one...

But if he would have said this, ya'll would all say he knew nothing about baseball

LSU won Friday's game and were trying to avoid losing the series

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I believe that Olvey was moved to the Sunday role in order to give LSU an advantage at winning at least one game in a series. He isn't going to be moved between Sat. and Sun. depending on how we do on Fridays I think.

6. LSUDeek

that's incorrect. it is due to the flu situation at kentucky combined with olvey needing a full week of rest. straight from smoke's mouth.

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/lsu/2565676.html

after a 150 pitch effort he will most likely start sunday again.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I stand corrected, but think it still would not be a bad idea pitching our best guy on Sunday's like we did for much of last season.

8. LSUDeek

you might be right. if we can get teams to oblige like tennessee, we might be ok.

seriously, if we can get louis coleman to pitch like he's been and dirks to pull his head out of his rectum, we might have a fine staff.