OFFICIAL LSU VS VANDY THREAD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by jjbodean1970, Feb 22, 2006.

1. jjbodean1970

jjbodean1970 Founding Member

just wanted to get this one started:

Can the LSU men's basketball team overcome Memorial Magic? That's the task as the 24th-ranked LSU Tigers travel here on Wednesday to take on the Vanderbilt Commodores at historic Memorial Gymnasium.

Tipoff is 7 p.m. CT for the non-televised contest. The radio broadcast will be available on the affiliates of the LSU Sports Radio Network (Eagle 98.1 FM in Baton Rouge) and in the "Geaux Zone powered by USAgencies" at LSUsports.net.

The Tigers are 18-7 overall and 10-2 in the SEC. LSU is two games ahead of Alabama in the SEC Western Division (prior to Tuesday night's game with Arkansas) and the Tigers are tied with Tennessee for the overall lead in the league. The Volunteers play at Florida on Wednesday night.

Vanderbilt is 14-9 overall and 5-7 in the SEC East, but coming off a strong performance against Georgia in Athens, winning 72-55 on Saturday night.

In that game, Shan Foster, despite going 0-of-6 from the three-point arc, hit 8-of-8 shots inside the arc and 7-of-8 free throws for 23 points to lead the Commodores.

LSU is coming off a nervous 65-61 decision at Auburn on Saturday, a game the Tigers didn't put away until the final 30 seconds. Glen Davis, the SEC Player of the Week, had his fifth straight double double with 24 points and 11 rebounds to lead the Tigers. Tyrus Thomas, who also had 14 points and four blocks, was also named the SEC Freshman of the Week for the third time this season.

"Our game at Auburn was a good game for us to be able to win," said LSU Coach John Brady. "I was proud of our team for being able to correct some things as the game moved along. We took better care of the ball the second half (just four turnovers after 14 in the first half). I look around the country and on the road it's difficult for a lot of people. Now we've got a big challenge at Vanderbilt. It's a game Vandy needs to get into the NCAA. It's going to be a difficult game for us."

Compounding the problems are the continued issues of Tasmin Mitchell's back which has been bothering him for the last week and limited him to just one field goal, the go ahead layup with 30 seconds against Auburn. He did not practice on Monday and is expected to see limited practice time in hopes he can play on Wednesday.

"It's really tightening up on him and we haven't been able to give him the relief he's needed the past week," said Brady. "Hopefully, holding him out of practice will allow him to be closer to ready for Wednesday."

LSU returns home for its next-to-last home game on Saturday at 2:45 p.m. CT against Kentucky. The LSU NCAA Final Four team of 1986 will be honored at that game as part of the conclusion of SEC Throwback Week. CBS Sports will regionally televise the game.

2. jjbodean1970

tip is in about 10 minutes. i am hoping those who are in radio range or have geaux zone can update the scores as usual since it's not on tv. i cant get 870 am up here in b'ham :(

3. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Good news, you can get the audio feed HERE. It's the Vandy broadcast but better than nothing!

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I have the Geaux Zone up and the pre-game on. But I will be in and out of my office for a while. I will try to update when I can. Unless, of course, someone else wants to update and there is no need for me to.

5. jjbodean1970

thanks for the link! you da man!

geaux tigers!

6. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

I will try to update as well.

7. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

Has LSU really only made 7 of their last 30 3-point attempts?
    WOW :bncry:

8. blindside517

blindside517 Founding Member

hopefully that will change tonight....geaux tigers!

9. TigerNtz

TigerNtz Ridley

LSU already 0 for 2 in 3-pointers tonight.

LSU - 4
    Vandy - 6

T. Thomas already has foul

10. Berge

Berge Founding Member

No, last 37 three point attempts...