Official Mike Williams Watch Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ElvisFan, Aug 25, 2004.

1. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

August 25th, and still no decision on the fate of the USC receiver handed
    down by the NCAA yet.

Personally, I think the reason they're dragging their feet on this thing is that
    they're hoping everybody will forget about it, and they can kind of slip his reinstatement in thru the cracks quietly without anybody noticing.

2. DarkHornet

DarkHornet Louisiana Sports Fan

That wouldn't make a lot of sense because they are still making him miss the Virginia Tech game (if for no other reason) just because they are dragging there feet. If their intent was truly to help USC, they would have already told him he was reinstated so he could play first week.

I personally don't think he'll be reinstated after seeing what happened the Jeremy Bloom. I'll be real pissed if Williams is reinstated and Bloom wasn't.

3. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

I haven't seen where he's necessarily missing the Va. Tech game...is that definite? I'm under the impression that they could reinstate him as late as Friday afternoon and he could play Saturday. I mean, he has been working out and practicing w/ the Trojans just in case.

I agree...if they let this kid back on the field and keep Jeremy Bloom off of it, then that only shines more light on how corrupt the NCAA is. But don't bank
    against it happening...this is USC we're talking about, you know.

4. Beaux-Bo

Beaux-Bo Founding Member

The Bloom deal makes absolutely no sense to me. Williams i can understand. Can any one make a plausable case why Bloom was not allowed to play?

5. carwashguy

carwashguy Founding Member

williams

williams has not practiced with the team for like two weeks, Carrol has already said he is not playing in the first game...the only thing I can think of for bloom is that he took the money knowing he was not suppose to and was going to continue to play college football, williams thought he was going to the NFL.

6. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

Thanks for that info. I wasn't aware.

7. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

USC is also going to be leaving for the East Coast tomorrow and Williams will not be on the plane from what I've heard as he cannot travel with them till he is re-instated.

8. Laminator

Laminator Founding Member

True, though williams knew the scoop when he signed on with an agent. No one has ever signed with an agent, then backed out and got reinstated. So you have to assume williams knew the consequences and tried anyway.

I think bloom did know what was going to happen, it was obvious, but the obvious unfairness and hypocrisy shown by the ncaa was reason enough to try to defy them and make this an issue for debate among college sports fans. Hopefully with enough pressure things will eventually change... but i'm not holding my breath.

9. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

As much as I dislike Williams and USC. It pisses me off to no end that the NCAA is dragging this out. Let the kid play or don't, but don't string the kid along. Make a decision and let the kid move on with his life.

10. ElvisFan

ElvisFan Founding Member

Actually, the more I think about it, the more credence my theory has. Once the season has started, they can very quietly reinstate him amidst all the hoopla surrounding the new season...in other words they're hoping nobody will notice.