Official Mike Williams Watch Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ElvisFan, Aug 25, 2004.

1. SG_Geaux

SG_Geaux Founding Member

I MIGHT actually feel for Mike Williams if he actually WANTED to be a student. He doesn't want to be a student, he could care less about USC. He wants to make his bling-bling. If they let him back in, he is only going to bolt at his first opportunity anyway.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

I would have to say that isn't a good reason to not feel sorry for him, we probably have a few on the Tigahs that feel the same way and had to of our best leave last year.

Williams should not be allowed to come back as pointed out by previous posters. Recent articles have stated the new rule about Summer school not being the same as the spring semester and we all konw he took money, which I've heard his parents paid back by making a loan from a bank. So why is the NCAA even waiting for his grades to come in. Did they work out a secret deal with USC, I think so. His grades shouldn't matter if summer school cannot be used to make classes. They are going to act like they are having meetings on it and then render a decision in Williams favor I think.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i was all for him being reinstated til long after they disclose he dropped out and was failing. all bets are off due to that small detail.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

^^ What he said

I had read an espn article recently that said Williams did not even pass the mimimum number of credit hours in the spring because he had dropped out of school completely. Also, he did not do well in his attempt at summer classes.

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

They just got their grades today I think for the summer classes so I don't think you can say he did bad. Carroll said in his press conference that he did well. But they still shouldn't let him in.

6. tirk

carroll said they should not let him in????

7. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I had read on a USC forum that he'd passed his summer school classes, but with poor grades (according to USC posters). So take it with a grain of salt as to any validity.

As for grades being released... According to a espn article from a couple of days ago, grades must have been released sooner than today. Here is the link to the espn article I had read:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1867053

8. tirk

the fact the NCAA is waiting for his grades transcripts is the reason for the delay. they want to see all the facts regardless if a basis on the decision...namely, his grades.

Dude has no shot b/c his grades obviously sucked though he passed....plus he freaking was not enrolled through spring cuz he was flunking out. He made their decision for them even though they WOULD HAVE let him back. Next stop for mikey? let's hope the saints. heh

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The Saints already have a superstud wideout named Devery.

10. tirk

only for a year or two then the probowl, then lil chuckie gets him and pairs him with MC.