Official NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Mar 26, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I know full well what the plates do. They suck, take them off and let them run. May the best man and fastest car win.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Gotta voice my opinion :)

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What I don't like is the new rule against tandem drafting. Not some much the rules but the rule that narrows the air intake so that if you draft for very long your engine will overheat

4. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

I like it. The cars may be faster running in tandem, but pack racing is much more intense. Even moreso if you're sitting in the stands and not just watching on TV.

But I agree that its time to take the plates off, or at least reduce the size. If the only issue is safety, the improvements they've made since Dale's death, particuarly the roof panels that keep the car from getting airborne, more than offset the hazards of high speed.

Then again, I remember Rusty Wallace testing at 'Dega without a plate about 15 years ago, and going 225....and saying there's no way he'd want to race at that speed. In a pack (or even in tandem), I can easily imagine them hitting 235 today.

5. shane0911

I didn't know about that. I know Elliot turned a lap of 212 at Dega under green and that is I think the fastest time in an actual race.

The plates had nothing to do with Dale's death, that was all about the HANS and now that is mandatory. It was around for Dale Sr but the old coot never wanted to wear the damn thing. I still agree that the plates need to come off. They can come up with another way to slow the car if they need to but choking the HP out of them isn't it.

6. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

The racing has much improved over the last 2 years. I like the cars resembling a closer body style to the dealer version rather than the box with a different nose. It has helped level the field better but it has also taken faster, more competitive teams back a step. I am against getting rid of plates for plate races but only in principal. Remove the plates and you have a high speed chase rather than a race. If you want to see 2 cars steal the show well neat, but I rather enjoy the 21+ lead changes in a tighter bunch. To be honest, I no longer enjoy the Super Speedways for just that. I (personally) do not like to see wrecking during a race, at least mega wrecks that bruise half the field. I do like aggressive driving but wadding up the field is just a waste of my sitting on my ass time that I'd rather be catching a moby dick. So I do...

I will admit this years Daytona 500, after a day of rain delays was about the most exciting 500 in a VERY long time. Seemed like after all the delay, marching orders were given and one hell of a rest of the race happened. What that shows is they can deliver a very intense race ALL the time without the burden of having to sit through 150 laps of waiting in the rear. Same with Bristol, after the rain it turned out to be the best race there since years before they killed the original track configuration. Best Bristol night race in a good while was a scheduled day race!

My boredom comes from the typical 1.5 oval cookie cutter tracks. Too many of them and not enough short tracks. I L O V E road courses and find them ridiculously challenging and entertaining. I am upset that there is no road course race in the chase. I believe the chase should showcase every style of track layout. I disagree with the belief that Fontana and Michigan continue to be boring tracks. They changed that by simply removing 100 miles from those races and both tracks have shown much better competition and less boring fuel themed races. Pocono is the track that puts me to sleep.

New chase format this season and I am unsure of how this chase is gonna be better than the past, so it remains to be seen. It is said that under the new format, Greg Biffle would have been the last two champions. With that said, I don't like it because Greg Biffle is about as far from championship quality as is Kasey Kahne. Neither have what it takes to take it all to the house...but we will see. I predict a first time champion this year and that is fine because ANYBODY but Jimmy Johnson is my theme for the season. Enough already.

I also want to say that as much as I don't like the guy, Kyle Busch is hands down the very best driver in the sport today. Danica has had her run. I find her currently a greater liability to SHR than any kind of a benefit. I wanted it to work for her but she truly is a bust.

7. shane0911

@CajunlostinCali Good break down bro. Agree with a lot of it, especially on Danica. She is just a pretty face and from what I have been told by people on the inside just a straight up cunt.
    She has never won anything.

I dont care for the road courses but meh, maybe they will grow on me. I despise the #18, he is a world class dick head but he is fast. I wont say he is the best driver because I dont think he is. Good, not the best. Too hot headed and that leads him to poor decisions.

8. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Dude puts a car in places no one else can. He drives from the back of the field twice as fast as anyone else. He does all this without wadding up 10 cars in the process. No one makes the holes he makes and not crashes 2 other cars. He can do more with a Vega down a cylinder than 90% of the field can do with a Super Sport with spray.

So if he ain't it, who is your guy?

9. shane0911

Lol, whoever puts that big eared sum bitch in the wall. I hate the bastard. Especially those goofy ass bug eyed sunglasses he always has on.

I can't stand him. My list of drivers that I can't stand past and present- Jimmy Spencer, any of the Bodines, big ears, JPM, Brian Vickers, Carl Edwards, not a big fan of Kurt Busch either but I don't hate him, yet. Was never a big Rusty Wallace fan either.

After that, doesn't much matter who wins as long as it is a fun race to watch. Like you I'm tired of seeing the 48 on top of the heap but I don't dislike him. He is a good, clean driver and has a great team. I wouldn't mind seeing the 88 do better, looks like he has a good year going. I also like Tony Stewart and Kevin Harvick. I especially like Harvick because one day he will get his hands on that little bastard in the 18 and it won't be pretty. Like I said, after Sr. died I could never get back into it the way I once did. He was the dude.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I gotta agree about Kyle Bush but the sucker can sure as hell drive. I like Tony Stewart and I can't help but pull for Dale Jr even though he has made the least of the most with the best equipment and crew that Rick Hendricks money can buy. If his name wasn't Earnhardt he would still be a driver but not with everything given to him. I can't blame him for taking what's offered, though and he seems like he is cool about it and not the asshole he could have turned out to be. I don't dislike JJ but he comes off as being bland and too corporate. I know those guys have too plug their sponsors but I like the old school guys. Not many of them are left.