Official NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Mar 26, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I always liked DW as well. I think the year I started watching it was either the 1st or 2nd Championship year for Gordon. They were calling him "Wonder Boy" and everyone hated him. I still hear a lot of people say they do but I'm sort of neutral on him. I don't cheer for him (my son does) but I don't get bent if he wins like I do when big ears does. Anyway, yeah Morgan Sheppard, Dale Jarret, DW, Dale Sr there were a lot of the good ol boys back in the day.

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Tandem drafting doesn't eliminate pack racing at all. Nobody can run in tandem for long because even under the old rule about the air intake push car would overheat if they stayed together to long. What it did was to let two cars get a big run toward the lead but the advantage was temporary.

3. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

They raised the air dam and with the new cars, the bumpers don't line up square anymore. Tandem is pretty much dead.

Now, if you have a pulse and even a curiosity for the sport, today is the day you watch. Martinsville. It has history that is burned into the sport. It is racing at it's very finest. It doesn't matter if it is sprint cars or submarines, this is short track racing and it is gonna be entertaining. Lil slug fest between the 2 and the 41 was fun. Don't much care for the dude in the blue deuce, guess I never did (Rusty, Kurt, et al.) but I don't hate him so it was refreshing to see a light beer get shook around in the beer can.

1 in the wall...

4. shane0911

Yep, good race from what I saw. The 18 going backards is always pleasing to me. Don't care much for his brother either. Takes the front end off of the 2 yet it was BK's fault! What an asshat.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

KB has sworn to get even so hopefully they will wreck each other on the first lap of the next race

6. shane0911

Kurt or Kyle? Kurt smashes into Keselowski and yet "he" is the one swearing to get even? See, that is exactly why I don't like that fool. I can tell you that from what I know about Keselowski he aint the one to start some shit with. Just go ask Carl Edwards. He won't think twice about putting either of those fuckers wheels up and I sort of like that about him.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

How do they determine the money for a race? I often see that a driver gets more money than another driver who finished higher

8. shane0911

Who knows, could be laps led or some other bonus money in there.

9. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

There is a multiple tier program to establish how each race payout is determined. First, you have the total purse which is assembled from Tickets, track merch, TV contracts, sponsors, etc. Payout is 1st determined by finishing order. 2nd, teams are lumped into purses based on years in the sport, yearly finishing results and so on. This is called NASCAR's winning circle. Some drivers earn more just for being part of a team. A Hendrick driver will almost always earn more than Stewert Hass by virtue of longevity in the sport. If a Hendrick driver finishes 2 spots behing a SHR driver, the Hendrick driver will still earn more. It is a reward for teams staying in the sport as well as finishing strong. It is also by design to guarantee lower budgeted teams incentive to enter races. That alone is not enough to cover cost because a team without a sponsor on the hood can only survive so long before they are paying out of pocket to do so. Sponsors rule this sport, more so than any other sport.

10. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Talledega tomorrow! I love the plate races!