Official NASCAR Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by Bengal B, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Dale Jr wins for the first time at Pocono with a late pass of Brad Keslowski. If he is ever going to win a cup this year is his best chance

2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

Wow, what a despicable performance by NASCAR to butcher the what if. This is yet another reason as to why the sport is dying on the vine despite their every effort to save it. NASCAR put all it's eggs in 1 basket by setting the rules package for this race. They cut damn near all of the splitter off and chopped the rear spoiler in half. This would have made for a decent race (last night) had rain not intervened...but it did and the cars that were set up for a cool draft got set up for failure having to race in the heat. Every "Big One" that occurred resulted from poor handling which ultimately produced a garbage race. It is no wonder the back stretch has not sold a ticket in years.

I have been a fan of the sport since the late 70's but up and until the last few seasons, my interest continues to fall because of days like these. Today's race proves, yet again, that NASCAR will continue to go for it on 4th down until they finally get it right. It sucks because there are days like Bristol and Martinsville that I continue to salivate over but it is EVERYTHING 1.5 that gives pause as to why the sport even still exist. Plate races are going nowhere but to hell in a hand basket and the cookie cutters are simply more of the same. TRYING to make Indy a celebrated race on the schedule is nothing but coat-tailing the popularity of that other series without fenders. If NASCAR is EVER going to save this sport, it is going to need to get back to the roots of the sport and that is the short tracks. Even road courses are more popular now then they were 15 years ago. Why? Because they simulate the effects you get from short track track racing. Folks are seeing that finally but the endless amount of empty seats weekend after weekend are telling the whole story behind what the sport has become, a shell of its former self.

mctiger, shane0911 and COTiger like this.
  3. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

I'll confess, I'm not a big NASCAR fan. I watched the end of the race this AM, and I found myself saying, "Who are these guys?" I guess all of the "big names" got wiped out in crashes?