Official NBA Thread 2013-2014 ed.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 29, 2013.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

that is correct, but both teams look terrible lately.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I would expect both teams to kick it into gear soon. Getting close to the end so they better hurry. I haven't looked at San Antonio's schedule but I think they may have turned on the gas a little too soon. They play the Thunder on Thursday and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I wouldn't be surprised to see them eek out a win on OKC's home court and I'm pretty sure Perkins will be back this week if not next with Sefalosha not far behind him. This is a double edge sword because they are just now settling into their roles and Butler is finally turning into what they thought he would be. Just upsets chemistry when you move major pieces around like that. Either way this is the best part of the NBA season.

3. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

if Paul George remembers how to play basketball, the Pacers edge out the Heat.

In the west it's either the Spurs or the Thunder depending on how bad Scotty does

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I wouldn't count out the clippers. I'm a little surprised that Doc Rivers doesn't have them playing better defense. If he does they will be a very tough out.

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

its the players, Jordan hasnt grasped the defensive concept yet and well Griffin is Griffin.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I agree. They are 16-2 over their past 18 games. CP3, Redick, and Crawford have all missed time due to injuries but should all be healthy by playoff time. They have a good bench and a proven coach. I don't think you can completely count them out. That's why you play the games.

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

hack a Jordan, hack a Griffin, hack a Dwight.

Clips and Rockets have the same problem.

shane0911 and LSUMASTERMIND like this.
  8. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

You might be right although Griffin shoots over 70% FTs this year and Dwight has been shooting better lately (heard he was over 60% in either Feb or March).

I'm a fan of the NBA in general. I like the Clips and Rockets although it's not like the football for me where I'm crushed when my teams lose (Saints/LSU). The Finals where Dirk led the Mavs to beat the Heat was one of the most entertaining I've ever seen.

I loved seeing Lebron finally shut up all of his criticts against the Thunder. I've always respected the Spurs teams and finally found myself pulling for them against the Heat last year. The Ray Allen shot may have been the biggest legacy shot ever if Lebron goes on to win a few more rings. If Allen misses that shot, everyone is asking why Lebron only has one ring right now. The NBA is fantastic.

Growing up, I loved the Showtime Lakers. Then I became a Barkley fan and my favorite teams were his Suns and then the Rockets when he joined them. I became a Lakers fan again when Shaq won his rings. Now I'm a Lakers hater, kind of like how I loved the Yankees growing up but now root against them, also similar to the ULL Cajuns at times.

9. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

well enjoy this down year for the Lakers, we don't stay down long, and with a little luck (owed to us due to Stern bending us over on the CP3 deal) we will get a new franchise player in this draft, KLove in 2016, and new dynasties will be built.

DeAndre Jordan is the big one for the Clips, dude shoots around 50%, teams have already resorted to it, and he's their sole interior defense/rebounding. Dwight at 60% still isn't that good and he will wilt under pressure, the man can't handle pressure.

Spurs or Thunder, with GSW having a Steph Curry/Klay Thompson getting super hot puncher's chance at coming out of the West.

10. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

With the year Durant is having, I think most would like to see another Heat/Thunder Finals. I'd prefer that over Heat/Spurs just because that was the matchup last year and Durant & Lebron are clearly the two best in the game right now.

With the Nets, Bulls, and Raptors all having strong 2nd halves of the season, any chance that one of them prevents the Heat/Pacers Eastern Conference Finals matchup? I could see the Nets having a shot.