Official NBA Thread 2013-2014 ed.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 29, 2013.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Not to point out the obvious, but you hating on the Rockets and Clippers makes sense if you're a Lakers fan. Dwight leaving the Lakers for the Rockets, Clippers getting all of the LA love, etc.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

You are confusing the Lakers of old with the the dumpster fire they have out there right now. Jerry West and Phil Jackson are not going to walk through that door anytime soon my friend. The front office of that organization and D'antoni just aren't going to get it done. Sure you will get K love eventually, but Kobe is getting old while the rest of the west just keeps getting stronger. 5 years before they even contend for the west.

3. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

This is the same front office that made the trade for CP3 and would have had Dwight a year before. Just because Stern took a massive dump all over us just means a few more years set back. Don't think we'll stay down my friend, it will come back to haunt you. Jim Buss has been a part of the decision making process for awhile.

4. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Clippers aren't getting my actual love in LA. It's still Laker land always will be. Even your die hard Clippers fans out there will acknowledge that. Hell they were mocking their own team for putting up a divisional banner. I don't like the Clippers because I'm a huge CP3 fan but I know he cannot carry the team by himself and they have serious basketball problems besides that. Griffin doesn't know what defense is, and DeAndre is great at defense but can't make a fucking free throw. So ... you have a conundrum that a coach like Pop will destroy.

Same thing for the Spurs, they match up better with anyone than anyone. Pop is brilliant (see Lakers fans hate the Spurs, I hate the Spurs, but I respect the fuck out of them too). I actually don't begrudge Dwight leaving. I think it's fucking hilarious because he left a situation that was almost identical to the one he has. He's still the back seat option with a disgruntled big man on the court with too high of a contract. Come playoffs if the threes aren't hitting, and once refs are like ... okay Harden come on you can't just run in and initiate contact, the Rockets are nothing.

5. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

and help me Ibacka-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope (semi finals of my fantasy league and I need him to have like 3 amazing block party games over the next few games.

6. shane0911

Lol he will probably pull you through. As for your Lakers, you only need to realize that they could have had Phil Jackson and ended up with the clown you have now. Talk about not knowing how to play defense? This guy is the Mike Leach of the NBA. Time will tell. Good luck.

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

You know Phil never taught defense either right? Nobody was going to make last year or this year any better, not even the Zen Master (You're talking to one of his biggest fans right now). Not the biggest d'Antoni fan but he hasn't been terrible.

8. shane0911

He may never have "taught" it but the teams he won championships with damn sure played it pretty well.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

What does the 8 man rotation look like next year for the Lakers?

10. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

35 and over league at the YMCA

shane0911 likes this.