Official NBA Thread 2013-2014 ed.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 29, 2013.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

They actually have some youth once you get past Kobe. I just don't have any faith that D'antoni is going to be able to do anything with it. Word is they will have cap room but I don't see how with the ridiculous contract they just signed Kobe to. Guess we see. I say 5 years before they even contend and I'm sticking to it.

2. shane0911

"I think he could play LB in the NFL"

Shaq talking about Russel Westbrook

That is all

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Or maybe free safety. I always wondered if Shaq could have been a decent TE or DT.

About a year ago, I was playing pickup basketball with a guy about my age (mid 30s). He claimed that he visited one of his friends in Cali one summer around the time Westbrook was in college (or maybe summer before he started college). They went to a gym that was known to have really good competition. Apparently, Westbrook was there and they at least knew who he was at the time. The guy telling me the story said that then-current and former college basketball players looked silly trying to keep up with Westbrook.

Sometimes, Westbrook even makes NBA athletes look slow as molasses with their cheap sunglasses.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I just looked up Westbrooks' college stats as I recall he wasn't quite a superstar. He only played sparingly as a freshman but was 3rd team All Pac-10 as a sophmore. Still, that was a great pick by the Thunder as he went #4 overall. His college career didn't seem to be worthy of a pick that high.

5. shane0911

He is just so incredibly fast. I don't think there is anyone in the NBA that can stay in front of him. Reckless at times, but dude is a pitbull. Love him.

6. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

Damn it Serge, gimme more games like that! Semi-finals of my league and been wracked with injuries (looking at you Amir Johnson and Kevin Martin ....). Sad thing is if I win this the Finals will be a joke, both me and my friend have superior teams to the other side, we should be meeting in the finals again instead of the semi-finals.

7. shane0911

Watching last night and figured you would have liked that @VampMuse

8. shane0911

Furthermore, Durant played as if he has a great big dripping vagina between his legs. MVP my ass, they needed him to take over that game last night and he had nothing. Got shut down by a couple of C listers.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Can anyone ever remember anything happening like that of the Indiana Pacers right now? One of the co-favorites to win it all and suddenly they are playing like one of the worst teams in the NBA over about an entire month stretch.

They are down 33-11 to sub .500 Atlanta. At home.

If they can't mount a tremendous comeback, they will be 7-12 since March 4th.

46-13
    then (potentially)
    7-12

10. shane0911

Yeah I don't know what is going on there. Paul George just seems as if he has forgotten how to play basketball, not sure what happened to the rest of the team. I'm blaming Andrew Bynum.