Official NBA Thread 2013-2014 ed.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 29, 2013.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I watched the 1st half of Clips/Thunder last night and it was pretty intense for this late in the regular season. I heard the 2nd half was a good one also. I'm really looking forward to that potential matchup. The DeAndre Jordan dunk over Ibaka was something.

Once the seeds are determined, I think we should all fill out a "bracket" for fun. I'll probably do it regardless in this thread.

If I were forced to pick a team to win it all right now, I think I'd go with the Thunder although I can see at least three others with a good chance also. The Rockets are not one of those teams but could be a dark horse if Dwight and Beverley come back at 100%. For the two weeks of so that they had their full rotation, they went on a hot streak and beat some of the upper tier playoff teams. I guess you can pencil in the Heat for the Finals.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I wouldn't pencil in the heat just yet. That team has some problems from what I can tell but they also have the ability to flip it just as easily.

Look out for the Suns. If they end up 7th as predicted they could give OKC a world of trouble. In fact I may just make a little money line bet on that series if I can get it at the right price.

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

Maybe not completely pencil in the Heat but if you're doing a playoff bracket, I don't see how you can pick against them at this point. You never know how Wade's body will hold up for multiple playoff series. If I remember correctly, Bosh put up a zero in game 7 against the Spurs last year. That should never happen for a guy like him but he disappears at times.

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Bosh has never impressed me. I don't see what the hype was ever about.

5. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

How about the Pelicans - no AD, no Gordon, no Holiday, no Jason Smith, no Aminu, no Anderson, Rivers ejected in the second quarter, and they beat the Thunder tonight? Are you kidding me?

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

They've definitely shown flashes throughout the year, but still way too inconsistent. Time for Monty to go.

7. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Can't say that just yet, because of the injuries. Anderson and Smith have missed virtually all of the season. Holliday, about half, Gordon in and out of the lineup. If you want to fire someone, get rid of the entire training staff, because it seems like this is a problem for the Pels/Hornets every year. No team in the NBA seems to incur long-term injuries like this one.

8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I get the injuries and I agree with you in regards to the training staff, but it's definitely time for Monty to go as well.

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

In the West, I'll take all of the higher seeds in the 1st round. The Rockets to upset the Spurs in the 2nd round. The Thunder to take down the Clips in a thrilling 7 game series. In the Western Conf finals, the Thunder win the 1st two games at home against the Rockets and win in 6.

In the East, I'll go with all of the higher seeds in the 1st round except for the Nets (6) over the Raptors (3). Now I'll go a little insane in the membrane and say the Nets take down the King's Heat in the 2nd round and the Bulls upset the Pacers. In the East finals, the Nets win a physical series against the Bulls to somehow get into the Finals.

In the Finals, the Thunder win in 6.

While I'm not pulling for the Heat, I'd have no problem seeing Lebron put them on his back again and show us why he's worthy of belonging on the all-time NBA starting 5. There's nothing like seeing a legend in his prime dig deep when it counts most and come through in the clutch.

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Anybody get to watch the 30 for 30 ESPN production about the Pistons from the late 80s (Bad Boys)?

Good stuff. Forgot how close they came to a 3 peat and got screwed by the horrible foul call on Laimbeer against the Lakers in game 6 (1988).