Official NBA Thread 2013-2014 ed.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 29, 2013.

1. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

http://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/1vlgbt/hilarious_but_sad_howard_postup_stat/

I'm sure Howard put a ton of time in with McHale and Hakeem learning how to post up right .... Spurs vs Portland with Spurs winning, Clips vs Thunder with Clips winning. Spurs beating Clips in the West

In the East, Pacers vs Bulls with Pacers winning, Heat vs Brooklyn with (DON'T SHOOT THE MESSENGER) Brooklyn winning. Pacers beating Brooklyn in the East.

Spurs in 6 over the Pacers simply due to Pop being a wizard of a coach and fucking Tim Duncan gets another ring while Westbrook and Durant look for the quickest way to escape OKC.

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So is Chris Paul gonna be that guy that just can't get it done come playoff time? I was surprised to hear of his 40 % winning pct in the playoffs.

They lose game 1 to the Warriors. At home.

I just don't like Blake Griffin come playoff time. Nice regular season player, that's about it.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

My opinion is that Chris Paul's playoff failures have mostly been due to having David West as the 2nd best player on most of his playoff teams. I didn't see much of today's game but noticed Paul had a good stat line.

The time is now for CP3. If he doesn't get out of the 1st round this year, then maybe he is not worthy of top 5 discussion. I think he is top 10 though no matter what happens this year.

When Blake Griffin was getting bashed in this thread when the season started, I made a point to watch him a little closer. I love everything about his regular season game but concede that he may not have the same effect in the playoffs. To be determined at this point in time.

4. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

He does have excellent water throwing ability.

shane0911 likes this.
  5. islstl

That was hilarious with Griffin purposely dousing the Warriors fan with water. Classic.

lsu99, Paul had 6 turnovers (horrible for him) and missed 2 critical free throws down by only 3 with 11 seconds remaining (he's an 86 % FT shooter).

He was far from horrible overall (his 3 point shooting saved him 5-9), but at this stage you have to elevate your game. Paul's assist to turnover ratio was 4.5:1 during the season. He ended up with 8 assists and 6 TOs for the game. Just not good enough against a team that is nearly your equal.

To his defense, they did miss a critical foul on Golden State that ended up being a turnover by Paul, down by 2 with 18 seconds left.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
    VampMuse likes this.
  6. islstl

Comparing the Indiana game vs San Antonio (just concluded), you see the difference in coaching where both teams struggled offensively, but the Spurs clamped down on defense and held the Mavs without a bucket the last 7:45 of the game (they were down 10 at the time). Indiana was horrible defensively and that is unacceptable. I'm beginning to think this is the end of the line for Vogel, especially if they lose in round 1. He has apparently lost his team. I just can't see how this team can even come close to representing the East in the finals.

7. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

They won't lose Round 1. Bird is gonna come in, have a speech. Vogel is gonna not suck worse than Scott Brooks meets Vinny Del Negro meets Mike Brown ... and that's what it would take. Hawks were pumped up and fired up. .... expect a blowout in game 2.

If CP3 doesn't wake up (and he will, with a good coach *cough, makes me sick to say that as a Lakers fan* they will recover easily) then OKC vs San Antonio will be the Finals.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Sounds pretty accurate to me. I would not be terribly upset if golden state knocked off that "other" bunch from LA. Not even a little bit. Doubt it will happen but oh well.

9. islstl

I can say with absolute certainty that a team that has either Blake Griffin or Dwight Howard on it will NEVER win an NBA championship.

10. islstl

So the results are in:

5 road teams win in the 8 series opening games

In the other 3 games, you had the Spurs down 10 with 8 minutes to go and Miami only up 3 early in the 4th and OKC up only 2 early in the 4th