Official NBA Thread 2013-2014 ed.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 29, 2013.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Thank You. He is a moron and while I would love for OKC to advance I am now saying fuck it.

I don't think there is any chance they come back and take this series. Now I just have to hope the front office does the right thing.

VampMuse likes this.
  2. shane0911

Watching the Thunder feed right now on the local network, Brooks at the podium. My reaction, FU Scott. I think you are a 100% fag and I wish you would resign.

3. VampMuse

VampMuse Veteran Member

This is some funny funny shit

4. shane0911

My post or that horseshit presser?

5. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Shane, wtf man. Im so disappointed

6. shane0911

In what? Those punk ass Thunder

7. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

Yes because I love Durant.

8. shane0911

I love him too, but he isn't a killer. He needs to taste blood

9. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I've lived in Houston for about 13 yrs but haven't done much professional networking at social events in downtown Houston. I went to a company sponsored "free" Texas Holdem event last night and initially felt a little inferior with everyone that I met being very impressive compared to me (colleges they attended, current jobs, former NFL and NBA players). The average downtown professional seems to be a lot more refined than non-downtown professionals that I'm used to interacting with.

All of the big screens were on ESPN but I asked if they could be changed to OKC/Memphis around halftime. The waitress that helped get the game changed was stunning and very friendly. When the OKC game got exciting in the 4th, she told the group watching that I "made it all possible" for them. I'm married (had my ring on) and think she was just good at her job but made small talk all night and was always there to ask if I needed another drink right about the time that I did.

I'm not the most social person in settings where I don't know anyone but kept getting random connections with people. The guy working the Cigar station was the ex-NFL player and played for UH with Andre Ware. He said Brees wanted to go to UH but they decided to give the scholly to a coach's son (maybe OC's son?). When there were about 10 younger guys (and one cute redhead girl) hanging out by the cigar area, he complimented the girl in a reference to Dazed & Confused when MM is hitting on the redhead. I was the only person who got it and think he felt saved from the awkwardness (as he then said he was happily married but still "loves them redheads").

I even got into a Seinfeld discussion with the couple next to me at one of the tables (girl was from New Iberia). With the loud atmosphere, I mentioned that I wished I could read lips and they brought up that episode with Jerry's girlfriend so we talked about that a bit. I'm not a serious poker player but was one away from the final table (85+ players) and had the hand won until the River.

When I almost got home, the Warriors/Clips game was about to start the 4th so I stopped at a bar for one beer. That one quarter had huge plays on both sides. CP3 and Griffin both made (dare I say?) championship winning plays. There were only about a dozen people watching the game but sounded like 100 when some of the big moments happened. I fully expected Curry or Thompson to hit the game winner at the end.

Apologies for the rambling book report. If you read this far, I regret to inform you that those few minutes of your life will be lost forever.

10. shane0911

@lsu99 who were the people from New Iberia?