Official NBA Thread 2013-2014 ed.

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by LSUMASTERMIND, Oct 29, 2013.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's not an act. It's really just that bad.

Alright back to the nba thread for those who dont hate the nba.

I'll take the nets total wins over Knicks. Differential a dollar per game. who wants in.

2. tirk

Yeah I know, right.

I saw the heat and lakers won. I wasn't near a tv. You had lakers as disappoint and clips. One had to lose. l

3. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

We franchise one player and my best option was Carmelo so I went with him (over DWade). Our league counts all of the categories equally as one point (pts, rebounds, assists, blocks, steals) so it helps to have high scorers rather than someone that is good in all categories.

Drafted players included:
    Blake Griffin (F)
    Greg Monroe (C)
    Vucevic (C)
    Kemba Walker (G)
    Klay Thompson (G)
    Goran Dragic (G)
    Nene (F)
    Gerald Wallace (F)
    Tristan Thompson (F)
    Harrison Barnes (F)
    Jeremy Lin (G)

I can't remember the remaining two players. I'll likely drop a couple and upgrade within the first few weeks of the season. We start a minimum 2 G, 2 F, and 1 C along with two flex.

4. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

You are in the majority. I like him at the moment but reserve the right to change my mind later. I think he's in a good place mentally and seems to be better physically. He's ready to have fun with the game again and grow with a young group of teammates.

5. tirk

Never played fantasy in hoops. I'm guessing if I can do baseball I can do nba but it takes a long freaking time.

I think Howard is going to be a lot happier in Houston. I just can't trust him in the playoffs. He's like arod to me. Piles up numbers then he's going to choke the big series away.

6. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I don't think they expect Howard to have to carry a team like he did in Orlando. Jeff Van Gundy said recently that Howard may have to sacrifice his offensive game with less post up opportunities for the good of his team. Jeff also said that Stan still communicates with Howard often and they have a great relationship (which surprised me given their past history).

7. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

As I've mentioned to my friends (and on this site) in the past, the NBA continues to grow with international players. It's the only major American sport that has players from every corner of the globe. I love watching the different styles of play. While the NBA isn't a perfect league, it's as healthy as it's ever been and still fantastic.

8. tirk

Howard supposedly has a Tim Duncan bank shot. Although from the right side not the left. And in great mental shape. He's a delicate one that can go dez Bryant at any minute but for now aok.

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Yes, and it has progressively gotten better over the past 5 years or so. I'm looking forward to this season more than I have any season since the late 90's

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Great call by Mastermind to place Clippers at the 5th seed. I would have had them much higher with Doc Rivers solving their defensive ills. But they look worse than ever, to a Laker team without Kobe.