Official Stretch Run for the 2016 Recruiting Class

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by islstl, Dec 28, 2015.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU currently with 22 recruits. 1st overall in the 247sports composite team rankings.

LSU has only 14 seniors leaving. You expect another half dozen leaving for the NFL early (27 are eligible to do so). Then 4-5 transfers and other assorted casualties. So that puts us at about the 25 mark. So I expect a full class of 25.

EDIT: Latest talk on LSU recruiting projects 27-28 players being signed in 2016.

By position:
    22 RECRUITS
    QB = 0
    RB = 1 (4*)
    WR = 4 (4 *, 4*, 3*, 4*)
    TE = 1 (4*)
    FB = 0
    OL = 3 (4*, 3*, 4*)
    NT = 2 (4*, 5*)
    DE = 1 (4*)
    OLB = 3 (4*, 4*, 3*)
    ILB = 2 (4*, 3*)
    DB = 4 (5 *, 4*, 4*, 4*)
    K = 1 (3*)

247 Crystal ball Predictions for some high profile players:

NT Rashard Lawrence #22 Nationally (LSU 100%) COMMITTED TO LSU
    CB Trayon Mullen
    #29 Nationally (LSU 52%, FSU 35%, Alabama 3%, Clemson3%, trending FSU)
    CB Kristian Fulton #34 Nationally (LSU 100%)
    S Deontay Anderson #41 Nationally (Ole Miss 53%, Texas A&M 37%, Alabama 7%, LSU 3%, trending Ole Miss)
    DT Shevar Manuel #42 Nationally (Florida 44 %, FSU 42 %, LSU 12%, Alabama 2 %, trending Florida) COMMITTED TO FLORIDA
    CB Shyheim Carter
    #53 Nationally (Georgia 43%, Alabama 29%, LSU 14%, Ole Miss 14%, trending Alabama)
    QB Dwayne Haskins #70 Nationally (Maryland Commit, LSU 2 %, trending Ohio State) COMMITTED TO OHIO STATE
    OLB Michael Divinity
    #71 Nationally (LSU 100%) COMMITTED TO LSU
    OT Jean Delance
    #90 Nationally (Texas 50 %, Texas A&M 18%, Michigan 18%, OU 9%, Alabama 5%) COMMITTED TO TEXAS
    OT Willie Allen
    #92 Nationally (LSU 76%, Alabama 17 %, TCU 3 %, Ole Miss 3%, trending LSU) COMMITTED TO LSU
    WR Drake Davis
    #93 Nationally (Ole Miss 62 %, LSU 38%, trending LSU) COMMITTED TO LSU
    RB Devin White
    #94 Nationally (LSU 90 %, Alabama 7 %, Ole Miss 3 %) COMMITTED TO LSU
    OLB Keion Joyner
    #211 Nationally (LSU 58%, FSU 39%, Auburn 3 %, trending FSU) COMMITTED TO FSU
    WR Mykel Jones
    #212 Nationally (Alabama 62 %, LSU 25%, Ole Miss 6%, trending Alabama)
    DE Stephon Taylor #289 Nationally (LSU 83%, Texas 17%, trending Texas?)
    DE D'Andre Christmas-Giles #441 Nationally (LSU 64%, Tennessee 27%, Texas 9%, trending LSU)

LSU must hit on LBs Divinity and White, with Joyner a very up in the air candidate. It would be the best LB haul in LSU recruiting history. QB Haskins is a must get as well, but we have no idea how that will pan out. OL Allen is another must get along with Delance (which would be somewhat of a steal late in the game). Davis would solidify yet another stellar WR class. Lawrence gives LSU the best DT class in the nation.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2016
  2. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

Thanks for the update. I hope we steer clear from Joyner. But we definitely need another LB or 2 in this class.

3. mobius481

mobius481 Registered Member

I'm going lawrence, fulton, divinity, allen, white out of that group. Then a couple more lb and dl and Jean delance. The experts seem to think we'll sign 27 or so. Not sure how all that works but whatever.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I like all of those at this time minus Manuel and Joyner.

Fulton's final weekend visit to UF worries me some but we have the family on LSU side.

Plenty of Drake Davis news coming this week and it is LSU or Ole Miss. Not sure if all this positive news toward LSU the last 2 days is smoke but LSU has many factors working into our favor.

OL Delance is another to keep an eye on. Been hearing positive stuff for LSU, Michigan, and Texas. Sounds like Michigan gets the glowing reviews but staying close to home to Texas or LSU due to family health concerns could push him our way.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Is Dwayne Haskins a potential get? He is committed to Maryland, 4 star pro style QB, number 3 pro style QB in the country.

6. bhelmLSU

I would say potentially...he is the cousin of Kevin Toliver. Cam needs to get in-home with him right after the dead period. Honestly don't know why that hasn't happened yet because he is genuinely interested in us.

7. mobius481

@bhelmLSU you indicated that you think we're good for Mullen and Fulton. I have a hard time beleiving we will get both along with Saivion and Greedy. Do you think that will come in to play for either one of them?

8. bhelmLSU

I have never heard of those 2 being concerned about others at their position in this class. None of them are just finding out that LSU has been targeting the same guys since last year and have grown close relationships to each other. Could they see a better opportunity and have a change of heart, sure...but their actions haven't pointed to it being a problem up to this point.

9. bhelmLSU

Never seen such a strange recruitment cycle from the Joyner kid. Now planning to decide between LSU and FSU on Saturday. I don't believe he has visited FSU yet. He was supposed to come to LSU and reportedly his ticket was used but no one on our staff saw him personally that day. Very odd... Also word that LSU stopped recruiting him. I guess he plans to visit after he commits? WTF

10. mobius481

I hope you're right. It just seems hard to believe we could get 3 of the top 4 cornerbacks in the entire class (even though one may be a safety), and another top 20 CB. At some point, you would think the last man in says, WTF?