Official World Cup Thread

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by mctiger, Jun 12, 2014.

1. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Yes it is. I think the Nazi Hunters rooted them all out but if we see an Argentine in the stands wearing a German shirt...

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Think this is also the 3rd time we've seen this matchup in the final. Makes me think France got fucked in the bracket draw. Germany's lone goal on France was really a fluke and Kareem Benzema had a shot at the end to tie and the German keeper made a hell of a reactionary save. Don't like either team, but don't want Germany to be the first Euro team to win a cup in South America, so I guess I'm pulling for Messi.

3. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

France just couldn't convert on opportunites but they weren't alone. France also looked out of sync in many of the games I saw them in. It was a tough bracket all around.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Not that I care about soccer but I sort wanted to see the Dutch win. That way the finals would be Germany vs Swamp Germany

Oh well

HalloweenRun and stevescookin like this.
  6. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Have the Brazilian team and coach been murdered yet? Isn't that what generally happens in that part of the world?

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

While the individual players are vastly more talented at the World Cup Level, the game itself, looks identical to when my 5 yr old daughter played. Kick the ball up the field, interloper kicks it out of bounds. Try to kick it across the field, some interloper intercedes. Its the same damn game, kick, interlope, kick out of bounds.

It's great soccer is a world wide game. Just don't forget that 1/2 the world has less than average intelligence. What would you expect? If you want to cheer for your country, that too is ok, but why not just have rats fight, with flags on their back?

Why do they have to pretend soccer is not stoopid?

10. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

In reality, I really wish little kid soccer games looked anything like the World Cup level. That would make my weekends a little easier to stomach.