Officials: 2 Military Facilities Attacked In Tennessee, 4 Marines Killed

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Jul 16, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Or Boehner jumped the gun in an overt attempt to embarrass the President. Both of them could have done it earlier. But it was going to happen.

So now he's racist, too, Mr. I'm Not Being Political? He hasn't been silent about it at all. He made a statement on the day of the shootings.

Did you know, he authorized the missile strike that killed of the leader of Al Qaeda's Khorasan Group in Syria yesterday? Didn't FOXNews report that? Nobody has been "sacrificed". We are going after terrorists wherever we can find them. Actions, not words.

Obama's quote on the day of the killing.

"It is a heartbreaking circumstance for these individuals who have served our country with great valor to be killed in this fashion, and although the families are still in the process of being contacted, I want them to know that I speak for the American people in expressing our deepest condolences and knowing that they have our full support as they try to overcome the grief that's involved here," Obama said.

"As details of the investigation proceed, we'll make sure that the FBI as well as local law enforcement are providing the public with all the information that's involved," Obama said. "My main message right now is obviously the deepest sympathies of the American people to the four Marines that were killed."

2. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

One more question @red55 ... Why did he wait so long to order the flags to half mast?????? There were no questions to be answered. 4 marines were dead, murdered. They deserved the honor and respect. If he is a leader, if he were concerned for those killed, if he had any respect for the armed forces the flag would have been lowered immediately.

3. red55

You will have to ask Obama. Perhaps he wanted to start the honor on the same day he spoke about it to veterans at the VFW convention in Pittsburg, Tuesday.

"We draw strength from yet another American community that has come together with an unmistakable message to those who will try to do us harm: We will not give in to fear, you cannot divide Americans, you can never change our way of life or the values of freedom and diversity that make us Americans," Obama said.

"We honor our five service members killed so senselessly in Chattanooga," he said. "We are grateful to the courageous police who stopped the rampage and saved lives."

The president has been quick to order the flag lowered after similar tragedies, issuing a proclamation the same day of the 2012 attacks in Benghazi and after 12 were killed at the Washington D.C. Navy Yard. And it was lowered just one day following the Boston Marathon bombings and the Fort Hood shootings.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Is it common practice to lower the White House flag when soldiers die in the line of duty? I'm not taking anyone's side here, but a military recruiter working in a recruiting office is on duty is he not? David Strother a Pineville guy was killed in the line of duty in a helo in Florida late last year early this year, and the flags weren't lowered. That's typically something the state government that the soldier is from does right?

I mean if they did this everytime a soldier was killed in the line of duty the White House flag would always be at half mast wouldn't it?

Also I'm not saying this wasn't an act of terrorism, I believe it was. And I think they should cover the dude's body in pigs blood and shoot him out of a cannon into the sea.

5. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

No they don't and you are right, if that were the case they would always be at half mast

I think this is just a different set of circumstances because it was on our land, they way it happened, who did it, squeaky wheel gets the grease type of thing.

6. red55

Don't go being logical and pragmatic here, Your job is to be the half-cocked reactionary belligerent.

shane0911 likes this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I saw a story on a news app on my phone last night so no link but banks in Seattle are trying to structure mortgage loans to comply with sharia law so that muslims can buy houses.

First, can't ragheads just get a regular loan like everybody else?

Second, are the banks so damned greedy that they would do something to make their city more attractive to muslims and end up with a lot more of them living there. Sure, bankers are greedy by definition but a lot of bankers are Jewish.

8. red55

It really doesn't involve Sharia law being practiced here. It ain't our law. The Koran prohibits the payment of interest -- the primary way lenders earn. Like everything else that has been stuck in the 14th century, it is an anachronism. It's based on barter because tribal people didn't every really have much of what we call money. In their culture, two parties agree to trade at a price equal to the cost plus mark-up or profit. They understand profit well enough, they just need to agree on everything up front. None of this "interest" stuff based on percentages that can change, currency that floats in value, property that inflates or deflates, can be refinanced, bought by third parties, and other things that Mohammed didn't know about.

Here's how a sale might work between a bank and a Muslim homebuyer: The bank agrees to buy and hold clear title to the house, then enters into a contract to sell the house at an agreed-upon mark-up price that includes profit. The buyer agrees to pay the sale price in installments, or one lump sum. The markup rate is calculated to compete with prevailing interest rates, so the buyer's monthly payment is roughly equal to what a traditional lender might charge for a loan that combines principle and interest.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Their religion is stupid.

Bengal B and shane0911 like this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I've told this story here before but we were attending an important meeting at one of the local shieks pad one day. Lots of the local influence were rolling in, lots of older guys, then this one dude slides up in a bad ass 7 series BMW, thing was tricked out. Had to be one of the sons of the older dudes. Anyway as he passed me I was like "nice sled bruh"

I had to hide from this guy the rest of the day because he wanted to give it to me. I'd gladly have taken it except for I had no way to get it home, oh and that little part where I'm supposed to give him something of equal value in return.

Bengal B likes this.