Offseason? How Bout Coaches Rankings...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Apr 8, 2008.

1. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Your story is changing here Nootch. You said those calls would mean a guaranteed loss. But, now the fake field goal against USCe didn't have an impact on the outcome?

The call against Auburn. FG wins that one, right? Incomplete pass and it's a loss.

I haven't missed a thing in your posts earlier. Let's leave Saban out of one conversation, can we?

All I've said from the beginning is WHY journalist aren't giving him the credit that some don't like here. Quite frankly, he has more respect from me than most of those covering college football.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Dam good point.

We're on the same page here- I definitely agree.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Ah ha! So you noticed that flip floppin lil bastid too eh?? :lol:

1 person likes this.
  4. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

It not having an impact on the outcome is why I didn't mention it in the original post. That play had zero effect on anything, so no one should be pointing to it as a good or bad move.

Funny, the game I watched still had time for 1 more play AFTER the TD.
    That's the reason we kicked off to them AFTER the TD.
    Thanks to a little home cooking by the clock guy, there was only 1 sec. left instead of the 3-4 that was there AFTER the TD signal.

I included ALL of the guys listed above him in that article. Saban was one of those guys. If he weren't ranked above Les, I would have left him out completely.
    The reason I used him specifically, is because he is the coach of the team YOU pull for. If a Florida fan had said wht you said, I would have posted comparing Miles to Meyer.

All I'm doing you is telling you WHY they are dumb for thinking like this.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

What a shock, our USC fan agreeing with a Bama guy.
    I guess you delusional fan bases have to stick together.

6. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Yeah, if he makes the kick, not by any means a sure thing with the way our kicker was kicking at that point. BTW you conveniently forget that even with faulty clock operation, there was still time to attempt the FG

I can see us kicking a FG against Fla. and Fla. with the way they were moving the ball on us, going right down, kicking a FG and beating us as time runs out.

Your're ignoring that the final TD against Fla forced them to have to score a TD to win. That's why you go for the TD, Terry.

7. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I would have thought, by now, that delusional would have left your vocabulary when it comes to Bama. But, including USCw?!? Come on Nootch, you are better than that!

Geez. Home cooking by the clock guy? We've been down this road before and I don't disagree with the point SEC refs make some bad calls. But now it's the clock guy as well? Bottom line, if that ball is batted in the air that second, two, three, four, whatever would be gone.

Granted, you included Richt and Meyer, but you pulling Saban out in the conversations was nothing more than a Miles vs Saban bait. If there is any indication that was your intention it falls into the phrase "the same number of MNC's as your God."

Damn Nootch, I've been around you long enough to realize when you are baiting...

1 person likes this.
  8. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

I don't disagree with the call against Florida. It had to be made.

9. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Interesting that our resident bama poster still loves to point out the fallacies of our coach's decisions in the past season, the same season that saw us crowned SEC and National Champs. I wonder how excited he would be to have his own coaches decisions dissected from the past glorious record. For example, a loss to ULM?

Oh wait, that was only about the players execution, or not buying into "the process", or all deadbeat upperclassmen that needed to be culled from the herd, right?? That about cover the list of excuses for the latest egg on Saban's resume?

The fact remains that Miles made decisions that were measured in the context of the game and it turned out he was right, more often than not. That's why we expanded our trophy case in January while bama fans were playing slots in Shreveport-Bossier...again.

What I said earlier is proven again. The longer rival fans and sports writers hold onto the hope that Miles is incompetent, the more foolish they look.

1 person likes this.
  10. jreed999

jreed999 Founding Member

You hit the nail on the head. Always has been this way, always will be this way. It's what keeps many of our arguments irrational, subjective, and heavily sugar-coated! Geaux Tigers.