Offseason? How Bout Coaches Rankings...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerBait3, Apr 8, 2008.

1. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Well, actually Richt from Georgia is listed #6, but your point is still proven by the NC winning coaches being listed #12-25. Kinda silly.

Guess we know who this braniac is picking to win the SEC this year. Poor Georgia will never stand up to the scrutiny. Not with their schedule.

2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

You people kill me! This is THE call you're talking about...not just you, Terry...but everyone that has the opinion that Miles "gambles too much". The other calls were gimmes...as Nootch pointed out. This call has been Monday morning QB'd to death, and it's so ridiculous. The ONLY way that wasn't a great call is IF the pass was picked off. At that point in the season, confidence in Colt David making a FG from that distance in that situation just wasn't available. The coach knows his players better than the media and fans.

Let's look at the possible outcomes from that play.

1)incomplete pass...still 3 seconds left as the clock stops.
    2)defensive pass interference...first down 15 yds closer for David...3 seconds left on clock.
    3)TD!!! 3 seconds on clock for LSU to kick off to AU.
    4)INT...the only possible bad outcome.

2 people like this.
  3. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Whoops

4. TerryP

TerryP Founding Member

Here's what I disagree with. The 3 seconds left is unknown. After the TD, they stopped the clock at 1 second. If that ball is tipped, there isn't anyway anyone can say there would still be time left on the clock. It's impossible to say one way or the other.

With the history of SEC refs and their calls, I'm of the opinion that they would have called the game. Would it have been the right call? No. Would they have made that call? Odds are, considering track records, they would have called the game.

Again, the only reason I commented in this thread was offering the opinion, voiced often, of why Miles isn't getting the respect from the media that you guys would like him to receive. That, is the only known quantity in this discussion.

5. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

That play just goes to show our depth and talent... and settling just wasn't an option. After the catch... the clock burned off 2-3 seconds still leaving 1 showing. Had that ball not been caught the FG unit would've come on. Still winning us the game. Any other "observance" or trash talking about Miles' decison on that is just plain stupid and another reason why he's the HC at LSU and not anyone else.

6. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Terry, I don't believe you're actually watching the video. You can't possibly be under the impression that the ball would have been tipped at 1 second. He made the catch somewhere between 4 and 5 seconds, therefor if the ball was tipped, it would have accured somewhere around the same time the ball was caught. My question to you is, does it really take the average tipped ball 4 to 5 seconds to hit the ground?

7. GregLSU

GregLSU LSUFANS.com

Argueing about that play is not just retarded but pointless as well. Was it a risky call? Not really... still had plenty of time if it failed to kick a FG. Was it a dumb call? No... it worked. And if it didn't then we kick the winning FG.
    But it worked... the game was won and the season is over... we're now the defending SECC and NC... so enjoy it and quit making big issues of the little things.

1 person likes this.
  8. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

arguing that call is just fing stupid.

it is no different than arguing a toss to the weakside to complete a 2pt. conversion. uhh uhh uhhh uh uh, but what if they blitzed that way. who gives a ****, they didnt. thats why it was a good call.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Says the guy with Steven A for an avatar.:hihi:

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

All I know is I am damn happy that Coach Miles made all of the decsions he did last season, anyone who argues otherwise is just looking for an excuse to badmouth the man. They don't want to believe he is a great coach. The pass vs Auburn was a brilliant call that Flynn actually almost made the mistake of waiting too long to get the play off. But he did get it off in time so that we would have time to kick a FG. Every other decision he made was pretty much a no brainer IMO.

And that coaching list for both the SEC and the National ranking is really, really bad. He even goes against his own opinion on some of them.

1 person likes this.