Ohio St/Miami

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, Jan 7, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I know this is a little late, but that was one of the best games I've ever seen. I was slightly pulling for Ohio State b/c of the underdog factor. It was almost like you knew they were going to win at halftime when they're cheerleaders kicked their field goals perfectly through the uprights and Miami's both shanked wide right like Scott Norwood. I was watching by myself so I guess I watched a little closer than if I was at a bar or with friends.

The game seemed to have it all. Miami was ready to seize control when McGahee went down. Then you have Miami's last second FG, gutty play by the Ohio State QB, the pass-interference call (I almost turned the channel), Clarett's strip, ALL of the fourth down conversion by Ohio State (3 in one drive?) including 4 and 14, and that major hit on Dorsey. When Dorsey tried to stand up, his body said 'not yet buddy.' Then he comes back in and completes a 4th down pass after struggling to walk 2 minutes earlier. The ending was fitting.

2. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

speaking of miami...

i noticed today that that Portis and Shockey finished 1&2 for NFC rookie of the year. thats pretty impressive.

3. Further proof that last years Miami team was practically an NFL team. I havent see a team as good as the 2001 Canes in a long time.