OK Auburn fans. What happened?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SouthLink02, Aug 31, 2003.

1. SouthLink02

SouthLink02 Founding Member

Sorry, I couldnt resist

[​IMG]

2. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

From the little I saw of the game:

1. Cadillac was pretty good but got no blocking.
    2. Campbell sucked big time.
    3. The PlainWarTigerEagles defense is not bad but they were
    on the field too much because the O didn't move the ball

3. SouthLink02

IMO, the running game wasnt used near enough. The USC LB's and DE's were getting into the backfield way too easily. The OL feel apart but even still they should have ran more. They put pressure on JC and he folded like I knew he would.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

The running game was used plenty. Late in the 3rd quarter Campbell had only thrown 7 passes and completed 2 so obviously the rest of Auburn's plays had been runs.

5. SouthLink02

I disagree. Their early formations and play calling was horrible and by the 2nd half quite useless. I would have called more running in the 1st half.

6. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Did Auburn throw many INTs? Turnovers and a short field can kill a good team. The LSU v Auburn game last year was exactly that. Auburn gets timely INTs with great field position and punches it in. Even your best defenses can't hold up to that on every series.

7. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

He had thrown 7 passes. But how many times did he run for his life or get sacked? I did not get to see most of the game (I was at the car dealership most of the night trying to sqeeze pennys out of them), but I did see that USC had 6 sacks at one point. Anybody know how many plays the AU offense "tried" to throw the ball?

8. msully

msully Founding Member

9. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

They just got beat by a far superior team and out smarted by a USC coaching staff that is on a different level than Tubby and staff. Tubby had one plan to run his all star back field and no plan B without the mentality or the ability to make adjustments if plan A did not work. OUTCLASSED sums it up.

10. msully

msully Founding Member

I hope you are right

They still have a good team that team beat LSU and Bama last year most sports writers say they Auburn will win the SEC . Me I say LSU in the West The Tennessee Vols in the East One thing for sure we will find out how good or how bad this Auburn team is ,SEC play is on the way .GEAUX TIGERS!!!!! My grandsons are for UT so I cut them a little slack I say GEAUX TIGERS they say Go Vols !!!! I have never seem a vol go but my grandsons seem to think The Vols are going somewhere .A strong running game will beat a passing game 9 out of 10 , I like the run . I still say SEC teams do not get up for non conference play we not only the fans but the players are so wraped up in the SEC we tend to look down on other teams and think that we are better because we are in THE SEC have a great week Yes GEAUX TIGERS