OK Auburn fans. What happened?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SouthLink02, Aug 31, 2003.

1. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Ahem...unless I posted by mistake on a USC site, I still have smack rights AT LEAST until sometime in October over you guys.

And it wasn't really smack anyway. I was just remarking at how dhead could talk so much guff when it wasn't LSU that did anything to Auburn...unless you guys need to inform me of some branch campus thing you have going with USC.

Or is living vicariously through others a team sport down there too?

2. TitanTiger (AU)

I think you knew what I was referring to. Until/unless you guys beat us, no smack you talk toward Auburn carries any weight. That's bragging rights for ya.

3. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

WDE - What Damn Endzone

Our Auburn friends here are correct, we need to handle our own business. However it appears the Auburn Tigers as suspected were highly overrated.
    I the Auburn fans are playing USC up as if they are the Tampa Bay Bucs. But if you look at USC there are a team on the rebuild. They are by far not the best team in the nation.
    What happened here is USC a pretty good football team exposed a glaring weakness on Auburn, you have Zero passing game. You have the Running backs, but all someone has to do is stop that and Auburn crosses the 30 onces in a game.

Yes USC is good, but isnt Auburn supposed to be Good to ?? Werent you guys ranked #1 in the nation in the Sporting News and top 5/10 team...
    PLus you were at Home and had 8 months to prepare. Defense was not your problem.. Offense was.
    Auburn is playing it off as if it was David vs Goliath.
    No Auburn has a great Defense, that is true, they have great RB's

But they have poor coaching (Dont tell me much of last weekend was not because of poor coaching. I read some auburn boards they are up in arms about Tubbys performance) and it appears they have little from the Air.

I will say it again, Auburn is still the team to beat.. But I am not nearly as worried as before... Auburn is no better then the rest of us, they have their weaknesses as well.

As far as the SEC, it amazing how you change your tune. I read an Auburn player say
    "Our goal was to win the SEC, we can still do that"
    I hope Our boys dont have such a dim outlook. I want to hear Clayton say
    "We want to win the National Championship" anything else is great but not the ultimate goal.

I guess being a bridesmade for so many years tends to let your goals fall a bit.

Remember Ga Tech has as many SEC titles as Auburn.

4. TitanTiger (AU)

Well, the reality is, to win a NC now, we'll not only have to run the table, but we'll probably need help. It's hard to get a shot with one loss most years with the BCS.

AU just needs to deal with the next game in front of them and let that other stuff take care of itself. Start talking NC again if we're late in the year and have won all our games since this one (and we're within striking distance in the polls).

5. Proud Tiger

Proud Tiger Founding Member

My Opinion FWIW

Everyone has a different opinion but mine is simple. Both our OL and DL got whipped and when that happens:
    --everything else goes to pot and you lose
    --fans become great Monday morning QBs
    --fans need to blame someone so they go on a feeding frenzy with the players, coaches, etc.

Maybe we were overrated. I thought so. But I don't think a single Auburn fan voted in any of the polls that created all the hype. But we all have our share of Kool-Aid drinkers.

Congrats to LSU for your win.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That chip must have been superglued to your shoulder.

7. TitanTiger (AU)

Pot. Kettle. Black. All I was doing was pointing out the glaring irony of you guys smack talking Auburn. Seems like you would want to get your own affairs vs. AU in order before talking smack over something someone else's team did.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Whatever. Let's see what this weekend brings.

9. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

What affairs do we need to get in order just curious.

Last year you whipped a sub par backup QB of LSU. However you did take him to the woodshed with his I believe 5 Int's

However when it counted and all was on the line. Auburn took it on the chin (as they do in most big games with the Tubbs)

My opinion is this. Auburn is still on paper the best team in the SEC, they are still favored to win the west (And no not this co-champion crap Auburn always brags about) Actually go to Atlanta...

LSu has to bring its A game if it wants to beat Auburn.

But I agree with TitanTiger on this one. Our boys need to focus on Beating Arizona and the War Eagle/the other tigers need to focus on Ga Tech. Face it LSU in 2001 was on the ropes and recovered to be one of the top 3 teams in the nation at the end. Winning the SEC and Sugar Bowl

Auburn/LSU/Miss St you name it can do the same... Its one game. Lets not throw dirt on the War Eagle just yet...

I think we are all glad all the hype is gone because frankly we were sick of the Rage magazine covers and silly #1 rankings.

This will all be decided in Tiger Stadium and based on what I have read around the INternet. Auburn should have no problem dispensing with the little ole Bayou Bengals.. Tubby owns LSU right- Except when it counts...

WDE - What Damn Endzone

Geaux Tigers

10. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

No...Moo U and Ole Priss CANNOT do squat except suck in November (OM) or suck all year (MSU).