OK Auburn fans. What happened?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by SouthLink02, Aug 31, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Nobody went to your board and talked smack. You came to our board, got offended, and are now shaking your finger at us. We'll talk about any team we want to, chief. If you are going to lurk opponents boards, you better have thicker skin than that.

2. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

Oh.. He chiefed you.. Never good... ;)

3. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Who said I was offended? If anything, I find it rather funny and ironic. If you'll scroll back a page, you'll see that my initial post was one just saying that we played terrible and unless something drastic happens, we're out of the NC race. Then I said "if I were you, I'd wait until you beat us to talk a lot of smack." I didn't say you came over to our boards. I didn't get upset.

I just stated the obvious, which I'll elaborate on here so no one misunderstands: LSU didn't beat us Saturday. It's been almost two full years since you beat us. So unless your team happens to be USC, your smack toward Auburn carries no weight...zero, zip, zilch, nada. If you don't like me pointing that out, then I am not the one in need of thicker skin.

4. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

We really should direct our sarcasm/smack/chuckles to the scribes that picked Auburn to be kings of the world. They're the ones with egg on their faces.

5. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

Hey TitanTiger

I dont recall in either of my posts where I was bragging or living vicariously through another team. I based my opinion solely on listening to you guys with all that number one crap and how you were going to sweep the SEC...etc. If you would have read my first post you would see that I was pulling for you guys. I always would rather have you come to LSU undefeated even if you do have a bunch of big mouth, full of yourselves for nothing fan base. I really dont care what team it was that put it on you Saturday, I wanted AU to win, but at the same time, glad somebody shut your hole!

6. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Well, that's true. I was wary (although hopeful) about the really high rankings. I was really hoping we'd enter the year at around #10. It put us in striking distance, but not so high that we get the big head.

Sadly, it appears that Auburn is one of those teams that plays better when they are the underdog. That's all fine and good, but at some point, you have to step up and play well when you're the front runner.

7. TexasTigers

TexasTigers Are You With Me ?

TitanTiger(AU)

Auburn is still the favorite and everyone is gunning for Auburn. The only difference is now there is a chink in the armour and USC May just may have shown the rest of us, how Auburn can be beat.

The question is and maybe that will be answered (not this week Ga Tech Sucks) in some big games. Can Tubs do a couple of things, get his team fire back up (You cannot deny that was a big let down for the team and its fans - IT was a huge let down for us after Va Tech with all the pre-season hype we were getting)

Can Your QB actually beat a team with his Arm. Until he proves that I am afraid your running game will have a tough road ahead.

Your D appears to be very stout.

Fact is its one game, but the mighty Auburn tigers as touted this year got a little rust in their armour. The rest of the SEC has a possible blue print, the rest of the SEC is now very fired up to take on Auburn and add to the Pile On. The people in the SEC thought Auburn was un-stoppable because of all the hype and #1 rankings and Magazine covers. Auburn may come out and live up to the hype. Time will tell. But as of today it was just that.. Hype

I know as an LSU fan I am chomping at the Bit to see our guys take on Auburn. Do I think we will win ? who knows both teams are extremely talented. I think it comes down to breaks and a little bit of luck. But I know I am not so worried as I was before Saturday. I was a victim of the press. The fear that a few programs may have had is now gone.

I think that is the biggest loss. Auburn probably had some teams beat (Not LSU or Florida types) before they ever took the field.

Yes I know USC is good, but not that good, and Auburn was supposed to be better...

Everyone lighten up a bit, I love pilling on Auburn more then the rest. I will celebrate the Day they fire Tubby. But jeez its just a game....

8. chuck

chuck Founding Member

1) "How long you gonna hang on to that sig pic?" - I am not going to remove it. Its my sig, I'm not going to hide that I am proud of our preseason rankings and our talent. As I have said many times on this board, I had no delusions of a NC - but I appreciated and understood the preseason hype. This is how I post, I state what I think, I admit when I'm wrong, but I will not flee from the consequences.

2) That all being said . .I in know way expected to lose ANY game this year like that . .what a debacle

3) Our Coaches (yes Texastigers, I will bash our coaching here) better get their heads out of the fargin' sand if they want to go .500, much less compete for teh SEC West Title

4) another note, after all the LSU and Auburn smack, declaring we would help make the West dominant over teh East, how good did UGA, UT and UF look? wow . .

9. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Damnit, I was thinking the same thing. I dont think they are any better than LSU or Auburn, though. Both of us play UGA, you guys get UT, and we get UF, so I guess we will see. I will be paying a little closer attention to Alabama in the coming weeks, too. They may be good after all (not that I expected them to be bad, just mediocre).

10. chuck

chuck Founding Member

it should be fun to see how everything will pan out. It is fun to watch the overall SEC parity in the last few years.

2002 - UGA - East
    2001 - LSU - West
    2000 - Florida - East
    1999 - bama - West
    1998 - Florida (I think?) - East
    1997 - Tennessee - East