Ok chief here we go

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Aub hung 60+ on ark and we gotem next. We know this is a big test for the tigers. Can you stop this offense and how you going to do it?

2. Herb

Herb Founding Member

By keeping the ball away from them with long, controlled, run-dominated, clock-eating drives.

3. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

That is a good point. That's what the offense needs to do and I agree. What I was getting at with this thread was to put yourself in chief's shoes and tell us how your going to attack this aurb offense

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Now you're getting all technical on me.

I think if we blitz too much we're dead. Keep Newton contained inside and make him beat us through the air.

I really think this will be a good game.

5. JM Tiger

JM Tiger Founding Member

Focus on Cam Newton. I watched parts of the game tonight, but at one point he was accounting for ~85% of their offense.

Our DB's can hang with their WR's, so crowd the line. A lot of the plays I saw came on broken plays and missed tackles by Arkansas. Maintain our line, fill the holes, wrap him him up, and force him to throw. IMO, pressure isn't as important as keeping him contained in the pocket.

Of course, the Chief is a lot better at his job than I am, so I will go with whatever he decides. Our defense has been nasty this year. As said above, the key will be the offense maintaining possession.

6. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Yep, Cam had 188 running and 140 throwing against Arky. I imagine someone may "spy" on him. This will be a great football game. We won't stop him, but if we can slow Newton down a bunch we can win the game. We've got to contain him and keep him from running around free.

And the point about our O keeping long clock eating drives going on the ground, win the time of possession, and improve on ball security.

7. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

Pp and mo are going to have to play their best game of the year. Lock down their recievers. I would tell shep cams your man. Don't let him breathe. Your our leader and we need you to step up and not let this monster get away. Nevis this is your Outland trophy moment. The world is watching

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Yep, this should be the marquee game in college football next weekend! It's nice to be back in the mix again!

9. Fat Al

Fat Al Freshman

This will be a pivotal game! We beat AU, Bama takes us , then AU beats Bama

10. tigerbubba

tigerbubba Founding Member

Anyone remember the old NFL video when Bill Cowher is in Greg Lloyd's ear telling him to "RUSH THE QUARTERBACK".

I want Les in somebody's ear telling them the same thing.