OK DDTigerFan, let's start next years list

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by cajdav1, Feb 9, 2004.

1. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

And start filling it up. We got some early committments last year, when will we get our first one this year or do we have one yet? Kind of bored so I need something to chew on.

2. ramah

ramah Founding Member

The year of the QB ... Ryan Perriloux & Brian Babin ... next ... Running backs ... Antonio Robinson and another Houston area Hotshot we're eyeballin' and if he camps again with LSU ... we got him ... Athletes ... Chris Keyes and Lucas Taylor ... Wide receiver ... LOL, do we have to look ... one or two out of state looks and LSU camp attendance will tell what we get. Solid year for linemen in LA ... we can cherry pick 3 or 4.

3. conradj

conradj Founding Member

Here is some info from DandyD:

According to information I received from someone at the recruiting bash last Wednesday, there will be three very interesting out-of-state players on the 2005 out-of-state prospect list. Bryant Robiskie (WR, 6'3", 190) from Cleveland, Ohio, the son of former LSU running back and current NFL coach Terry Robiskie, will be one of the top wide receiver prospects from the state of Ohio next season. Bryant is already showing interest in LSU. John Demps (LB, 6'4", 220) from Pensacola, FL, the brother of LSU sophomore linebacker Willie Demps, will be a highly recruited linebacker out of the state of Florida and LSU will be one of Demps' top three schools. Norm Stevenson (QB/ATH, 6'5", 215) from Northeast Mississippi Junior College is the brother of Mario Stevenson who signed with LSU in the last recruiting class.

4. TigerPrideLSU

TigerPrideLSU Founding Member

One of my good friends, the quarterback for Parkview Baptist, Jacob Lennox may come to LSU. I talked to Jacob's mom a few weeks ago and Coach Saban I believed talked to Jacob. I'm not real sure though. I've played ball with Jacob since we were 5 years old. He's a great athlete. He's a real godo QB, and he plays cornerback as well. He's a great baseball player too. If he comes to LSU, which I really hope he does, he might play both sports. He's the 35th prospect on Dandy Don's list right now.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

LSU will get the 10-12 BEST players that they think will help this team out from the state of Louisiana, and then get about 5-6 blue-chip (4 and 5 star minimum) out-of-state players.

Look for 2005 to mirror USC's 2004 class, low in numbers, but very high in quality.

6. cajdav1

this does look like it will be a very small recruiting class since we will have so few seniors on the team and I would expect that we will try and be very selective and maybe try and get even more out of state percentage wise than most years, hell, if you take the kids who are going to greyshirt off of this years listwe were about 50/50 this year. The kids that greyshirt will count towards next years class so we will have even less new recruits to select from next year.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Good point about the grey shirts counting towards 2005. So actually we may only try to get as little as 15 players.

What is our senior count for the upcoming year?

8. cajdav1

We only have about 11 or 12 rising senoirs on the roster that are on schollarship i think, so if we have 2 greyshirts that are counted towards next year, I'm guessing the others may be in a Juco, then that would leave us with about 10 schollies to give till we know who transfers out between now and then. if any rising seniors transfer for next season it won't increase the number available. We could end up with one of the smallest classes in history.