OK, here goes

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Chipeace, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Matt Mauck is a B+ QB. Some days A, some days C. Hats off to Ole Miss. Contrary to what happens at LSU when we have a week off, Ole Miss prepared well. Ole Miss's coaching staff had 2 weeks to prepare their defense for our offense & I just believe that was part of our problem.
    Offensive line - They are good, but make an incredible amount of mistakes. So what is better, a B line or an A line that underperforms. Go figure.
    Henderson/Green- Great speed but makes mistakes. Especially Green. He makes 2-3 mistakes a game, wrong routes, dropped passes, etc. Henderson scares me to death. He juggles every pass he catches. But he is a winner when the chips are down.
    But I love our running backs.

So to say that Mauck is the reason, or set him down or whatever is wrong. I believe that our coaching staff should continue to work on our mistakes by the entire offense.
    By the way we must be doing something right to be 10-1!
    Question - After hearing all year that we havn't played anyone, Can we now say that we have?

2. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

I firmly believe Mauck should sit down a series or 2, especially during the game last night, to be able to watch what is going on and adjust. He is very smart and could benefit from taking some time to put on the headset and settle into a better rhythm. When you have a capable back-up why not?

3. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

We don't have a capable backup.

4. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I agree with all of that. While we may not have a capable backup that you would like to see week in week out, he is capable of going in for a few series and giving Mauck a sit down and possibly making something different happen.

5. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

He could also throw 2 INT's for TDs too.

6. diamondheadtiger

Yes, he could, but Matt could have thrown number 4. Whats your point?

7. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

My point is I never want to see Randall on the field ever again.

8. LSUtiger4U

LSUtiger4U Founding Member

Me either! and if you sit him out it wouldnt teach him anything. It would be like a daycare and we're giving him a timeout, just makes no sense to me. I did think the play calling by Jimbo wasnt his best, but wasnt his worse, he would call a running play and get a huge gain and then he would run to the same side again! After you get a hige gain on the run i think thats when you pop 'em with a pass.

9. diamondheadtiger

Just a difference of opinion. I dont think anyone was suggesting replacing Matt, just let him get a look from the sidelines at what the Ole Miss D was doing to him and talk to the coaches. He was confused as hell back there and one or two sit outs may or maynot have done some good.

Furcal,
    Suppose that 4th INT would have come? You still dont pull him out at least a series and talk to him about whats going on?

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Mauck is what, 15-2 as a starter? He doesn't sit down unless we are 3 scores up in the second half. The guy didn't lose his cool, even after throwing up 3 interceptions. Everybody has a bad day, now and then. Mauck was able to win, even with his "B" game.