OK, Here's the deal.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tino03, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Tino03

Tino03 Founding Member

First off, sorry for the delay on getting into this discussion, I just got off work. I have know about this since early yesterday. Amp called me when he got out of his meeting with Miles. I figured it would get out soon enought, so I didn't post anything yesterday.It's no mix-up. He is definitly transfering. He is still in Baton Rouge. He will be leaving later this week, you will find out where he's going when Amp feels its the public needs to know. Amp wasn't recieving many reps in practice and went to LM about it and he expressed his concerns about playing time this year. Miles didn't tell him anything to persuade him to stay, so Amp made his decision. I am very upset about this, because while most of ya'll are losing(from a fans perspective) someone who had potential to be a great receiver for LSU, I'm losing one of my best friends.But as friends do, I'm supporting his decision. Remember, this is a 20 year old kid who was one of the best recievers in the country coming out of high school, and now he has played 20 plays in two years. So, please remember this before you start to make negative statements. I imagine there will be alot of rumors going around the next couple days, and I will try to keep the facts from rumors. Thanks.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

well if i was his friend I'd have to support him as much as I could with his decision whether I agreed or not. a 5 or 6 WR depth chart is not so bad so I don't really understand his position.

is he going the jv route or wasting another year to play one? bad move either way imo.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

To put some perspective on this deal... I think this actually shows what a strong program LSU has... Last year it was Barrington Edwards, this year its Amp Hill... Really good players leaving because they are low on the depth chart... Just goes to show you how good the top players are and how good the depth is on this team. I wish the guy all the luck in the world, as long as he doesnt transfer to an SEC school...

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

to say there's no way he would play much is ridiculous. one injury and he's in. hell, no injury and he's in if he works hard enough.

ask justin vincent during our NC season if he thought he'd sniff the field as a starter; plus WR is a much more volatile position. i think its insane to think that way as a competitor. injuries are so commonplace in college football nowadays, depth is almost always the deciding factor.

he gains nothing by leaving unless you consider losing another full year a plus.

5. urtoosmall

urtoosmall Founding Member

Thanks for the update Tino. I wish Amp all the best.

6. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

:thumb: preach on brother Tirk......

7. clair

clair Rockets

yeah... we dont need him if he will not buy into the TEAM concept...

8. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

Since when is making decisions about what is best for your life not being a team player. I am very sad that Amp Hill has left and hope he will change his mind.

Coach Miles should meet with him again and have him make sure of his decision.

It is funny cgisclair you are so quick to jump on T Owens cause but Amp Hill has not been anything but a team player in the time he has been here at LSU.

I dont want him to go but i respect that he didnt just slink out of town like some others. He met with Coach Miles and from what i gather figured that it made sense for him to look elsewhere.

All i can say is Amp we want you to stay. But we understand and support you if you go.

Best of luck .

9. clair

clair Rockets

Athletes are not playing for money in college

they are playing for education...

LSU paid Amp 3 years worth of free services and got little of anything in return...

did he expect to come back and be 1st string?

I see someone who was afraid of competition...

I wish him the best of luck, but if all of our backups would become frustrated and transfer, we wouldn't have a very good football team...

10. kcal

kcal Founding Member

You gotta feel for a young man who, coming out of HS had the world by the tail...is he making the right decision?....time will tell and I'll be the first to say thanks for his contribution to this team and hope that all goes well with him in his career. He has proven to be a quality young man and a good representative of the university. Best of luck Amp! :geauxtige