OK this is it! ESPN kiss my coon-ass ! LSU 14-0 and grabs the big Brass Ring!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 13, 2010.

1. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

And 80's...and 90's. :lol:

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

One of my best friend's grandfather was Bama SID throughout the Bear years. He (my friend) always said the greatest thrill of his life was meeting the Bear, and the 2nd greatest was meeting Cholly Mac.

And by the way Tusk, TigerCliff has it right. We have :crystal: :crystal:

Bama has one :crystal:

Bama also has 12 beauty pageant victories. Real national championships are won on the field, not on an election ballot.

3. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Oh yes there are. Ask Tennessee. :geaux:

1 person likes this.
  4. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Wake me when the playoffs began. How do you think number 1 and number 2 get together? The Coaches hold a beauty contest and then the computers put on a pageant of their own and waalaa. I've seen that crystal up close, I've seen better. Come see for yourself the next time your in T-Town.

5. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Look at the time of the posts. It's happy hour! :):wave:

1 person likes this.
  6. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

Cliff gets all into it.

7. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Does the 13 include the '77 or '78 (I forget which one) season when there was a split championship in the AP (USC) and UPI (Bama), yet USC beat Bama head to head (at Legion Field in Birmingham) that year? That had to be some serious green the boosters laid out to snag the UPI, but I never understood how Bama fan could actually justify claiming that one. In your heart of hearts, you have to admit that USC should've been No.1 in both polls and that one shouldn't count.

Then, IIRC, there was another one that you guys claim where the MNC used to be voted on before the bowl game. Bama and they team they played (again, I forget who) were No. 1 and No.2 respectively. Bama lost the bowl game to the No.2 ranked opponent, but still claimed it as one of their 'championships'.

I'm sure there are other examples of fudged numbers.

Still, no one is denying you guys owed the '70s and have multiple, legitimate championships. But 13? No way.

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

It's a "Fudged" system. But it's been that way for over a hundred years. Enjoy your trophies.

You do realize that the 2003 USC crowd still talk about that "fudge" job they received? In your "heart of hearts," don't you believe USC deserved at shot at the crystal as well.

9. TigerCliff

TigerCliff Veteran Member

Tusk

Bama has much more to stand on than LSU does based on a 100 years plus of football played on the field. Look at the over-all record of Bama vs LSU !!

What I care about is this year and this team. You guys come to town and I want to a win to cap a great day on my 58th birthday!

Les stands in the middle of the field and Nick says " Great job Les" and puts his head down and walks off!

Geaux Tigers

10. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

No need, I can go to Red Stick and see it in stereo! :lol: