OK this is it! ESPN kiss my coon-ass ! LSU 14-0 and grabs the big Brass Ring!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerCliff, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Bud Lee

Bud Lee Call me buttercup

Dudeā€¦.Decaff brah. Other than that :geauxtige

2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Believe it or not, I think most LSU fans agree with you; we should have played 'SC that year, not OU. Shouldn't taint what we did though, which was everything we needed to do. Both OU and 'SC faltered in the end and left themselves open to the type of scenario that played out.

3. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

They should, the BCS is no more the perfect science then when the all human vote was sending the teams out. Teams are left at home watching this stuff and they feel hard about it. Bama has been left out of the mix as well. When I don't respect the process, it's hard to get too worked up about the legitimacy of the results. That's short for enjoy your trophies and to a great degree, all these trophies, national attention and great games played, reflects favorably on the history and success of your football program. You had to be good to get into the discussion, to start with.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

not a nare nudda

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0saDlna-7vM]YouTube - How High - Now Nudda[/ame]

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Of course not. Oklahoma was #1 all year long until that late loss. USC thought it would let them leapfrog Oklahoma, but due to their weak schedule it didn't even allow them to leapfrog LSU in the BCS rankings.

The rule lets the top two teams into the game. USC came in third--tuff chit. It happened to Auburn the very next year. Somebody always comes in third and thinks they deserve to be in the game.

6. LaSalleAve

I have to disagree with you on that one Red. It should have been LSU against USC, we would have smashed USC, but they still deserved a shot. They lost to Cal by a few points. Oklahoma didn't even win their conference, and got smoked by Darren Sproles and Kansas State. However, the BCS was the system all the teams and coaches bought into, so it is what it is. You can win a national championship unless you play for one. USC deserved a shot, they didn't get one, therefore they cannot be national champs, and that AP trophy is insignificant.

7. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Why? because they were number one in the AP for one week?

They came in third in the BCS. End of story.

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

And by those same fudgalistic hundred years you speak of, LSU has won 7 or 8 ourselves.

9. msully

msully Founding Member

my heart

My heart feels your Bama team will lose 2 more games this year , with a bit of luck , 3 games .

10. LaSalleAve

because they won their conference, and OU didn't. Why should you be allowed to play for the marbles when you can't even win your own league? Same thing kept Georgia out of the big show in 07, and it worked. Georgia didn't deserve to be there, but I would argue they had a better case than OU did. OU played for and lost the Big 12 championship, UGA didn't get a chance to play for theirs because they lost to Tennessee and ended up with the same SEC record.