OK! We get it!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUpride123, Dec 5, 2009.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

This is the most insane thing I've ever heard.
    CUM has won 2 national Championships, had a 22 game winning streak and I don't know how many more SEC Championships than CLM's.
    Someone let me know the next time CUM goes 3-5 in SEC play!

Let me know next time CLM's wins a championship and has a 22 game win streak in the process.
    Their wins and losses overall might be similar but it doesn't tell the story overall here.
    The next two years will tell the tale of whether CLM's remains successful and probably the coach at LSU.
    I don't think CLM's is held to a different standard than anyone else.
    I'd like someone to prove otherwise.
    I've never said he should be fired or that I think he should leave either.

I couldn't resist responding to this little piece of history.
    Its just too bad you have your panties in a wad and are upset about what fans on a message board think.

2. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

Don't read many of your posts do you? Thought you were not responding to me? Your declarations seem to be rather short lived.

As usual, you display an inability to follow a timeline, debate, discussion, or even a conversation. The time being referred to was 2007 when Meyer followed his championship with losing 4 games. The last two years were not relevant to that part of the discussion, no matter how desperately you would like it to be. There was also a specific point to that timeline being the focus, but I despair at the thought of explaining that to you.

Your lack of comprehension skills are not my issue. Work it out on your own.

Except, we were discussing a different piece of history than the one you insist on talking about. Continue discussing with yourself, since you are incapable of recognizing and staying on point.

Somebody here certainly appears upset. I doubt the general perception is that I am. :hihi:

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Saban put in 5 years at LSU and whent:
    8-4
    10-3
    8-5
    13-1
    9-3

Other than 2003, Saban would lose 3+ games for LSU.
    Saban is also 4-6 in bowl games.

Myer has pretty clean stats, 5-1 in bowls and other than 2007(9-4) and 2005(9-3) UF only lost 1 game a season.

Miles Started off great with SEC champ and NC title. Had 1 bad season last year and a decent season this year. Miles is 5-2 in all bowls played.
    11-2
    11-2
    12-2
    8-5*
    9-3*

Moments of coaching failures:

Saban- Louisiana-Monroe loss and LOL Utah. Oh and giving Tiger fans the F U on the way out! :)

Myer- loss to Mich 2007 and getting butt railed by Bama in 2009 SEC champ game.

Miles- Co D cord, (Speaks for 2008 in its self.) 2009 LOL Miss.

I am sure you can pin more on Miles as he is the head coach, but the point remains that you would then have to pin everything else on other coaches which just doesn't happen.

2 people like this.
  4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Don't muddy this argument with facts, man!

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

And don't let the facts get in the way of good BS !!!!:thumb:

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

He's got 1 more SEC championship than Miles does.

sure, next time he's down to his 3rd string QB for the bulk of a season, then has to finish up that season with his 4th stringer.

7. Sourdoughman

It was more of a general post at first not really directed at you but yes, at the end I guess it was.
    Yea, that makes a lot of sense, they both have been at the schools the same amount of time so you take off CUM better years and CLM's worse years.
    Touchy aren't we, I must have hit a nerve!:hihi:
    No I think you are wrong again or you wouldn't have said some things that you did in the manner that you did.
    If I was upset I certainly wouldn't have responded to you.
    Don't quit your day job and become a physic because you certainly don't know what your talking about as far as letting me know when I'm upset or mad.:rofl:
    I'm not the one flaming and denigrating other posters.:insane:
    Geaux ahead and keep telling yourself that, the joke is totally on you!:rofl:
    Edit: I find you extremely arrogant and now boring, your act is getting old!

8. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

There you go again not fully doing your homework. Do you think we wouldn't notice? More talent than anyone in the country ... right. He has more talent than anyone in the universe. Go to Rivals and compare how many five stars he has to teams in the Pac ten. Per that, USC should neve lose to a Pac ten team, EVER. However the media covers for Pete in light of the money they make if USC succeeds. They have NEVER liked Miles, its obvious. Miles isn't perfect but he owns as many crystals as sneaky Pete and all of his multiple five star recruits. Who are you saying can't coach? The Dude speaks the truth.

9. Sourdoughman

And one more national title and a 22 game winning streak.
    I wonder what his record is against CHN and Arkansas?
    I'm not criticizing either, you have to be honest about things in a debate.
    You gotta be fair and not one sided at least I'm not one sided.
    I'm happy with CLM's for the most part but that could change over the next two seasons.
    Disagree, I think he can evaluate talent a little better so that probably won't happen, I'm not trying to take at anyone here either.
    For instance, He liked this years O-Line better than what he has had.
    If you are talking about last year, he left JL in too long.
    Doesn't matter though, all that matters are the next two years.
    If it isn't done the next two years then Houston we have a problem.

I hope CLM's succeeds and we will know the future next year no doubt.
    Honestly, I don't know who you could find to do a better job under the circumstances until the next 2 years go one way or the other.
    But I believe some people are criticizing him because he's made some pretty big mistakes the last 2 seasons.
    I don't think he has been treated unfairly compared to other coaches but I don't read every post nor do I let other posters saying stupid stuff bother me because I know a lot of fans say and do stupid things.

10. TheDude

TheDude I'm calmer than you.

So you didn't mean it, but then you sort of, kind of, in a round about sort of way, did mean it?:lol:
    Yes, it does make sense. Because I compared a down year for Meyer after a championship and a down year for Miles after a championship. You just wanted to focus on the last two years across the board, and for obvious reasons they don't compare. Like for instance, that the two coaches won NC in different years. Still confused?
    If it makes you feel fuzzy to think so. I wish you the best of luck with that.
    I'm not familiar with that position. Is it a Colorado-mountain-weed sort of thing?
    But you have some ability with this in regards to me? Gee, I feel so inadequate.
    Really?
    I feel you dog.