Okie State fans hate Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Aug 2, 2006.

1. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

I've been up here in Norman since Monday. I haven't met one single OSU fan that likes Miles. They all say that he never really fit in. I say they're just pissed that he accepted the promotion.

OU fans are still holding a grudge. These idiots are convinced that they're going to win it all this year. Whatever.

I went to their stadium tonight, and looked around. The gates were open, so I walked in. It's not bad. It beats the Horseshoe up in Columbus. It's not that big, but it's built nice. It doesn't hold a candle to Tiger Stadium, and I told a couple of people that I met up there as much. They didn't care for that either. :hihi:

Over all, Normans not a bad town. There isn't alot to do. I'm glad that I packed every bit of purple and gold that I own. It's a lot of fun walking around with LSU gear on. One place even told me they were closed, even though they were obviously open. I got a kick out that. I ate a burger at Stoops' bar and grill tonight. Not a bad place, if you can stand all of the looser sooners. Oh well, I'll check in later.

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

From the okl. people I talked to. I don't believe they are pissed about Miles leaving. They really didn't care for him and felt the program was going nowhere. Time will tell if it was thier lose or what.

3. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

This reminds me of a lady I worked with when Saban went to LSU. She was a Michigan State alum, and was very upset about him heading to LSU. I took that as a good sign.

And Salty...having been to Norman, I'll keep you in my prayers for the rest of your visit. :hihi:

4. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Beware of any town named after a character in Psycho.

5. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Give 'em hell Saltyone !

6. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Oh is that right? They were unhappy about their football team being taken from perennial loser to a bowl team, upper tier Big 12 team??? That is most ludicrous thing I have ever heard....I'm calling bull****...

7. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Okay I made it up. And man the gain I got from making it up.

I am just telling you what the people I talked to said. No gain for me and I didn't talk to the entire State. Relax people if you think LM is the man it's cool. I just want to see LSU win and have the program continue in the character it has been on.

By the way there are so many bowl games now that if you are not in one you must be USL.:grin: So going to a bowl game doesn't really mean crap. Competing for championships ok;)

8. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Bull chit.

Once again. I am an Oklahoma State fan. My parents are OSU grads. My parents and sister have season tickets to OSU football and basketball. I was raised to bleed orange and black, but I bleed purple and gold. But I do like the Cowboys.

So, again to 01. Bull chit. When Les Miles was in Stillwater, he was a hero. He changed not only the record of the Cowboys, but the attitude of the team and the fans into an expect to win attitude. He made them believe winning was possible. There were always some who were pissed that Mike Gundy didn't get the job. He has always been the golden boy having played and set records there. But the overwhelming majority of the fans loved Coach miles.

Until as salty rightly points out, he left. There is no way he could have handled leaving that job without a lot of OSU fans feeling like the scorned woman. But that isn't even all fans. My parents understand there was no good way for him to leave, but he did, and that it was for a great opportunity. My sister is a b*tch about it. But even at the end of las season, she told me, "I'd take him back in a heartbeat!"

As mentioned above, salty, there are some that still like him and understand that he moved on. But, you are right. Most are just pissed he left them.

As for OU fans, you are right on target. Bob Stoops still gets his panties in a wad over Miles. They didn't like that "little brother" was cocky instead of subservient.

9. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

When your program made only one bowl game in a 12 year stretch, it means a lot.

10. Tygrr

Tygrr Win the West

Nowhere would be where the program was going prior to Miles...

Miles took a team that was a bottom feeder in the Big 12 and had gone 4-7, 0-10, 4-6, 3-8, 3-7, 4-8, 5-6, 8-4, 5-6, 5-6, 3-8 and had only been to ONE bowl game in twelve years, to a team that went 8-5, 9-4, and 7-5 and three straight bowl appearances. In other words, he took a team that went 3-8 the year before he arrived and used that same exact talent and led them to an 8-5 season two years later and followed that up with a 9-4 season. Going nowhere? Only if it's backward day.:hihi: