Oklahoma QB arrested for DUI

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSU, May 6, 2004.

1. BoomerSooner18

BoomerSooner18 Freshman

Yes, partially. However, if Jason needed to play then he could have. Several of the players that have already proven themselves didn't play much, and it just wasn't necessary for Jason to play.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Would we have been in the Sugar Bowl or USC if OU was still ranked 1, USC #2 and LSU at #3? I can't remember what the scenario would have been but I'm guessing that since we still would have been just one ranking position behind USC and all of the other factors would have still been the same so that we would have nipped them in the BCS standings, but I'm not sure.

3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

We were #2 in either case so it still would have been OU-LSU. :thumb: :geaux: :lsug: :champs:

4. Eauxkie Tiger

Eauxkie Tiger Founding Member

Here's another great Sugar Bowl pic

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

If OU wouldn not have lost to KSU we would not have been number 2 in either the coaches or AP poll, we would have remained at number 3, so that just isn't true. Now as far as the BCS, we may have passed USC only being ranked one spot behind them in both polls, just like we did in real life. But I'm not sure about that.

6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

The question you asked was would we still have gone to the Sugar bowl and yes we would have finished #2 BCS either way had OU won or lost to KSU so yes we would have been in the Sugar either way. :thumb:

7. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

The first thing out of their mouth is "due to injury". Not "he got is a$$ whipped". So typical.

8. Ken Ross

Ken Ross Founding Member

That is true, the OK/KSU game had no bearing in our moving up to #2 in the BCS. We were poised to do that anyway after winning the SEC championship game.