OL Coach Studrawa let go...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Jan 8, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

You never let go of a coach unLES you have one in the bag. Thats just me. Great move by the staff.

Cajun Sensation likes this.
  2. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

That's just you. Look at college and professional sports. It's very RARE that a coach is lined up before the firing.

3. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

It's sad when a coach getting fired results in a BOOM.

But this firing does indeed deserve a BOOM.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  4. islstl

Yeah, I don't get that at all. I understand you want to be nice. But this is a business.

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

What is Willie Roaf doing? If he can coach like he played he would be a great OC line coach

6. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

Whoever comes in next needs to be enough of thinker to be careful with his words. Part of the reason we don't have Tillery out of Evangel (2015 Notre Dame commit) is because Stud got his ass up in front of the group giving a speech saying if you want to be a doctor go to Harvard...if you want to go to the NFL, come here. Well, Tillery...likely the top rated LT for 2015 is a 4.0 student at Evangel and WANTS TO BE A DOCTOR.

Let's be real, the likelihood of him moonlighting as a Doctor after protecting some NFL QB's blindside are zilch, but if you had any kind of connection with the kid as a person, you don't make such an idiotic statement.

So I hope the next guy we bring in has sense enough to understand his audience before saying something completely stupid. Hopefully the next guy's first order of business is to plop his ass down in Northwest La. until Tillery and/or Thomas commits because it would be a crying shame if we had two of the best OT in the country for 2015 sitting within 100 miles of one another and they both get away.

LSUMASTERMIND likes this.
  7. islstl

Studwara looks like a moron, just from the eyeball test.

HalloweenRun and GregLSU like this.
  8. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

[​IMG]

shane0911 likes this.
  9. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

What's always been telling to me is that the best O-line that we had in Stud's tenure was when he was pretending to be the OC in 2011. Seemed like the less involved he was, the better they performed.

HalloweenRun likes this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Most head coaches I know do some homework first if they are gonna let someone go. This didn't just start today. Cam has given his input. You can bet this, calls were made. LSU is paying top money for coaches, check the pay scale. LSU is one of the more stable programs, an coaches like working for Les. The hire of Cam was bigger that what many see.

Once again, just me