OL Coach Studrawa let go...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by GregLSU, Jan 8, 2014.

1. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

Don't tell that to Rudy Niswanger.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticl...64&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=175020&Q_SEASON=2005

I don't know if he ever enrolled, but he certainly had the brainpower and played about four years in the NFL (though mostly at center and guard).

2. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Whooohooo!!!! Had to get that off my chest first. That was the last coaching step in my mind. Now if LC and JH come back combined w/LF, et al coming on board, we may actually have a formidable offense to go along w/our young, talented, gelling defense next year. We may be better sooner than originally thought.

FWIW, I've heard Kevin Mawae's name thrown around, too. I am sure, as DAD eludes to, CCC has someone already in mind and already in the works.

3. asignupe99

asignupe99 Founding Member

That's outstanding!

I'm talking about literally at the same time though. Either way, we can't have coaches, especially not those with primary recruiter responsibilities, discouraging anyone from living out their academic aspirations. There's enough athletes at every school majoring in General Studies making minimum requirement GPA's. If a kid has desires to go into a STEM major, push them to do it.

Kal-El012 and shane0911 like this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

I would expect a replacement within the next 7-10 days, as we wrap up this torrid recruiting stretch leading up to NSD.

5. wjray

wjray .-.. ..- -.- .

At the same time? Lord no. But you're absolutely correct in that no recruiter should tell any prospect that their academic -- and post athletic -- dreams can't come true at the recruiter's university.

In fact, I'd point to former Tigers like Rudy and Matt Mauck -- who ultimately became a dentist practicing in Denver after a few NFL seasons -- to show that post athletic professional success can easily be found at LSU.

As an aside, I went to law school with Rudy's sister. If circumstances had been different for me, I would have loved the opportunity to do deliciously nasty things with her.

6. west_tex_tiger

west_tex_tiger Founding Member

The former players mentioned as candidates may be tempting, but I would much rather have a proven O-Line Coach than a guy who was a great O-Lineman. Also a guy who can recruit would be nice, because Stud didn't seem to be much of a recruiter either from what I can gather.

cajdav1 likes this.
  7. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Rick Trickett is one of the better OL coaches in college, he never played the position. Played safety in college.

LSU has had some great OL that have done great in the Pros, Mawae, McClure and Faneca are three that have left the Pros as of late.

8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Stacey Searles? What's he doing now that Brown is gone at UT. Is he still even at UT?

LSUDad likes this.
  9. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Good guy and coach, just don't see it.

I have a great Stacey story when I can get near my computer.
    iPhone is a pain for me

10. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Peterman, Livings and Whitworth.

LSUDad likes this.