old coaching discussions - closed thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsuownz, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bayou_bandit74

bayou_bandit74 Founding Member

Re: BO....ROKE PELINI

Agreed. Great post.

Thats what I loved about the '03 team. They got beat deep a few times but the QB was rattled early on with the blitz packages. If your DL cant get pressure you must find a way. Which is the blitz. Our DL cant pressure anyone and when you cant you will be passed on.

2. s0tiger

s0tiger Freshman

Re: BO PELINI

Up front, I don't think we blitz enough. That said, it is a balancing act. Blitzing can be the best way to help struggling corners as long as you get to the QB, or at least force him to run around. Against a good QB (not what we faced today) you will get eaten alive if you blitz at the wrong time.

3. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Before that play I said they have to blitz and much to my surprise no blitz.
    Also Jones should be on the field a lot more then Mcray, he has been a major weakness in pass defense this year.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There's LSU defense in microcosm on that 4th down and 10. I don't think it takes a genius to see that a corner coming off the edge to blitz would force a mediocre QB to rush a throw or throw too short of the first down marker. It was there for the taking and LSU should have won the game at that point.

That was the most dissappointing defensive play all year long. By far.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Re: New Head Coach

i hope Les Miles burns in hell for what he's failed to accomplish with this team. He'll be Mike Archer's OC in a few years. If he doesn't move on this year, LSU Football will turn into a Rollicking Comedic Farce ala Confederacy of Dunces. Please Baby Jesus, make Les Miles disappear.

6. Speedy G

Speedy G Founding Member

I'll take the aggressive DC over the passive one every time. Just look at the Alabama game. Pelini isn't who I thought he was.

7. GEAUX TIGERS

GEAUX TIGERS Founding Member

WOW :dis:

8. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Pelini's stock has dropped so much in these last few weeks. With the tag that he doesn't like to recruit (I assume that's true, everyone on here says so it seems), I don't see a big program hiring this guy as their ball coach.

I think he will get a much smaller school if he indeed even takes another job.

I once again agree with Speedy, I'll take the aggressive play calling that maybe gets you burned over the passive one that almost guarantees you will get burned, just at a slower pace.

1 person likes this.
  9. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

Really sad!!!:po:

10. TigerSac

TigerSac Founding Member

Whoa there Sparky! Why all the hate? 32-6 so far in 3 seasons is pretty freaking good. I am proud to have had him as our coach and you should be too. This is one of the best 3 years in LSU football history.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.