old coaching discussions - closed thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsuownz, Nov 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DwayneBowned

DwayneBowned Founding Member

Re: LSU needs to move swiftly on a new coaching search

Butch Davis does look like a great candidate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butch_Davis

Look at all the players he recruited at Miami, those are some big big names. He's never won an NC, he's got SEC roots, he's a proven recruiter and has coached a big time program. I think he's our best candidate right now.

2. tigerhoss

tigerhoss Founding Member

I still think and hope Les Miles stays. But if he goes to Michigan . . . .

Turner Gill.

He would only leave LSU for Nebraska, which is going to hire him or Pellini for at least a 5 year run. So we would have him for at least 5 years, and if Pellini fails at Nebraska would they want another coach coming out of LSU to return "home."

He is young.

Doing a major job turning around Buffalo. Buffalo!!!

Great recruiter. And we shirked Robiskie for so long his son is at Ohio State and he is now "locked" as a pro coach who would probably not fit in a college program.

We should consider a minority candidate and Turner Gill would be a great coach and recruiter in the SEC. Don't you think Alabama wished they had picked Crooms (Miss. St. turn-around project) instead of Shula a few years ago. A minority coach opens doors on recruiting and communication with athletes at a school with a majority black team.

That said, it will never happen.

3. P&G_wheelz007

P&G_wheelz007 Football anyone?

I am really interested to see what coaches get in the running for our HC position. I like to think of Del Rio, Spurrier, Saban, the Georgia Tech DC, Crowton, Butch Davis, Scott Peterson from Boise St. I bet they'll all get looked at, talked about, etc.

From looking at the Ga Tech DC's results, I would like to have him as DC for our Tigers, and Crowton as the OC. I am mainly interested in the process- and the buzz we'll get when we here about LSU contacting whatever big-name coach.

:geaux:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.