Old school Mike logo

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by j0nathanr0y, May 18, 2005.

1. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

He's standing outside the players entrance at the North End Zone where the 1958 NC plaque is. I haven't been to TS since we won the 03 NC. Do they have a plaque commemorating it there as well?

2. Macphisto

Macphisto Founding Member

When was that logo predominant? It has that classic college look. I saw Oregon St. used their old school beaver on their helmets not too long ago, and NC State still has their wolf in that sailors cap and sweater.

I'd love to see us bring that one back. I had to go to Tyger Gifts out in Metairie just to get the sticker of that logo for my car because I didn't want the stupid looking new one.

:eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule: :eek:ldskule:

3. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I had a small piggy bank shaped like an LSU football helmet that my grandparents gave to all of their grandkids. It had that logo on it, and I received mine in 1970 (the others they bought were purchased during the 60's).

That's the first logo I remember from LSU.

Just thinking about it makes me homesick. Thank goodness I'm going home to Baton Rouge for the Memorial Day weekend! I need to breathe the air there from time to time, and it's been November since I was in Louisiana--too long!

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Maybe that's not such a good idea, lol. :grin: